Playing Your Own Music on CC

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is a different topic for discussion that came to mind on our January trip this year. How do you feel about guests blaring their own music on the beaches? Is your opinion changed from family beach to Serenity?

We always beeline straight to Serenity Bay when we stop at CC. The family beaches are typically too loud for us, after all we are are adults who love what Serenity Bay has to offer, serenity. We walk from the ship to the beach because it is a rather quiet walk at that time of day and only the marathon runners are really down the airstrip at that point.

This past trip we did our typical walk to the beach and set up camp at the farthest end of Serenity Bay because lower amounts of people. Once lunch came we grabbed our items and headed to SB BBQ. When we reached the access there was a group absolutely blaring modern day top 40 type music extremely loud and others were murmuring about it annoying them. We could not deal with that and would be forced to move elsewhere on the beach.

We strongly feel it poisons the peacefulness associated with Serenity Bay. I cannot say how I would feel about it on the family beaches given we have no experience on those. I love background music but that was anything but.

How does everyone else feel about that?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I don't mind the music that Disney played at the bar that I could hear on my lounger at Serenity Bay. It was tropical (Jimmy Buffett, reggae type music) and chosen to them the area by Disney. And it wasn't super blaring, and if I really didn't want to hear it I could move further down the beach. I would have a HUGE problem with someone in a lounger next to me our nearby had their own music playing. It would be really rude, as it is supposed to be "serenity" bay. If they want to play loud music rent a cabana or go to the family beach where it is louder already.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I can't say I've ever had a problem with crowds or any kind of music beyond the bg music in the family beaches. The beaches are quite empty compared to a busy summer beach.

Diva120

Hmmm, I would have a problem. But I would also be passive-aggressive, LOL! While I would never ever be confrontational and out right ask them to lower the music (that tends to promote aggression and retaliation) I would annoy the ever loving stuffing out of them. Talk to them, ask where they are from, if they have any other music, offer them chips - eventually, I'm the crazy nutter that they want to get away from. :)

WIN-WIN!

ChuckElias

It would also bother me. I would politely ask a cast member what the official DCL policy is and if they're in violation, I'd ask the CM to handle it.

mcstensrud

Well nothing has changed as We were there on Thursday and a group of people were blaring country music from a little beat box. Fortunately we were far enough away to not have it bother us as much as the people around them.
To me it is called Serenity Bay for a reason. Some people just don't care :banghead:

EOD K9

Well nothing has changed as We were there on Thursday and a group of people were blaring country music from a little beat box. Fortunately we were far enough away to not have it bother us as much as the people around them.
To me it is called Serenity Bay for a reason. Some people just don't care :banghead:
(Heavy Sarcasm Here) It is my vacation and I paid several thousand dollars to be here. I am here to relax and listening to (insert name here) helps me relax. Now please go away and leave me alone as I tan.

MaryJaneP

(Non heavy sarcasm here) Put in earbuds or wear headphones. As EOD seems to imply EVERYONE there paid thousands to be there and they all probably do not share our choices in music. Serenity NOW!

DisFan2005

We were just there in June and the family beach was quiet and not overly crowded. I live in Florida, and the public beaches here are a lot more crowded and loud.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom