Plastic wrapped seating/ride vehicles sitting at Peoplemover load station?

PizzaSpringRoll2017

Original Poster
Noticed these plastic wrapped things sitting in the former load station at the DL Peoplemover today. My heart says they’re getting new vehicles ready for the rumored return of the Peoplemover. But logically, these look way more like the seating from Alien Encounter/Stitch, or some kind of theatre attraction. I’ve never seen these before and there are sets on both sides. Does anyone know what these are and why they’re here all of a sudden?
IMG_0865.jpeg

IMG_0866.jpeg

Squishy

Noticed these plastic wrapped things sitting in the former load station at the DL Peoplemover today. My heart says they’re getting new vehicles ready for the rumored return of the Peoplemover. But logically, these look way more like the seating from Alien Encounter/Stitch, or some kind of theatre attraction. I’ve never seen these before and there are sets on both sides. Does anyone know what these are and why they’re here all of a sudden?View attachment 781072
View attachment 781069
Those are spotlights

shambolicdefending

Four simple Words:
It’s……Never……Coming…….Back!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably. But until those tracks come down I will continue to enjoy and promote every single PeopleMover rumor that comes along.

There's nothing I like better on Disney social media. The more traction any such rumor gets, the better. Some of y'all need to take it less seriously.

MK-fan

Probably. But until those tracks come down I will continue to enjoy and promote every single PeopleMover rumor that comes along.

There's nothing I like better on Disney social media. The more traction any such rumor gets, the better. Some of y'all need to take it less seriously.
I totally agree with you, I guess this one strikes a cord because it’s such an iconic attraction and it’s been closed for so long and a rumor of it possibly coming back always seem to circulate every couples of years or so with nothing to show for it.

mickEblu

Anyone know what year they went from the multi colored vehicles to the white vehicles with the stripes? Im guessing at some point in the 80’s? I think the White vehicles were the only ones I ever saw running at the park. And take a look at that entrance. 😍

EF01340D-8F93-4EAF-B171-CA1F22D72106.jpeg

587A3BDC-87BD-442E-8426-C56E252445A2.jpeg

mickEblu

They were added when Star Tours opened.

Thanks! Yesterland didn’t mention it. I was 5 so I don’t remember but I guess I technically did see them. So kind of like how they redid the Jungle Cruise to match the Indy aesthetic im guessing they didn’t think those bright colored vehicles vibed with Star Tours which I’m sure they were viewing as the new anchor of TL when it opened. Now that Star Tours has settled in, I’d say go ahead and bring back the multicolored vehicles.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

A question open to all.

The EPCOT (renovation?) took about 4 years?

If it was guaranteed the people mover was coming back to DLR , would you be OK with a 4 year closure of tomorrowland?

mickEblu

I’m just glad I rode the People Mover for the first and only time in Summer 95 on a neighborhood friends birthday trip his mom took us on. It was a memorable trip as it was my first time staying at the Disneyland hotel, going to Disneyland on consecutive days and my first time riding Indy. It’s hard to describe how revolutionary Indy felt in 1995. First time rope dropping too (ran to Splash Mountain of course). There was so much good energy at the park because of the Indy pandemonium. If I’m not mistaken it was the trip I realized how much better Thunder Mountain is at night too. I remember riding the PeopleMover a couple times at night and thinking how much energy Tomorrowland had with bands playing below at the TL Terrance. Had no idea it would be closing in a few months. I think we just rode it a few times becasue it was a walk on and we were tired of waiting in 2 hour lines for Indy even if the ATT decoder cards helped pass the time.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom