Planning an Adult Adventure - Any suggestions?

Ricap

Hi! My boyfriend and I are both in our early 20s and are taking a long weekend in Disney together. We will have one full day at the resort (Port Orleans French Quarter), then two days with a park hopper pass. Last time I went I didn't get to go to Animal Kingdom, so that's a priority to me. We'll probably do a full day there then that evening in Magic Kingdom. Then the next morning in Hollywood Studios, and the bulk of the day eating in drinking in EPCOT. We'll be happy riding rides and having good dinners, both of us having a few go-tos from last time we were each their as teenagers, but does anyone have any other suggestions? We are looking forward to being able to grab a few drinks at EPCOT!

mouse_luv

Honestly, unless it's a total priority for you, I'd skip DHS. It's a huge construction zone right now. DBF and I were just down in January and skipped the park and didn't miss it one bit. If it was me I'd use one day for a split b/t MK and EPCOT and then the other Animal Kingdom and MK(if you can't get everything done the first day).

Have fun!!

Upvote 0

Ricap

Original Poster
Honestly, unless it's a total priority for you, I'd skip DHS. It's a huge construction zone right now. DBF and I were just down in January and skipped the park and didn't miss it one bit. If it was me I'd use one day for a split b/t MK and EPCOT and then the other Animal Kingdom and MK(if you can't get everything done the first day).

Have fun!!

Good to know, thanks! That does make a huge difference.
BF seems have a sudden obsession with Tower of Terror but that was the only thing we were really planning to do there.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

Good to know, thanks! That does make a huge difference.
BF seems have a sudden obsession with Tower of Terror but that was the only thing we were really planning to do there.
Then I'd honestly hop over there early in the morning to ride it and then catch the ferry to EPCOT. :)

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

Went as a group last week of 22-24 year olds. I recommend the express bus for park hopping. You don't have to wait in the security line a second time and you a quickly taken to your next park. Also make all your fastpasses for early in the day for your first park, then you can make a 4th fastpass for your second park of the day.

Also IMO skip Hollywood studios. We stayed for 3 hours last time and all we did was eat ice cream, meet Chewbacca, rode star tours and tower.

Edit: the reason we went to dhs was because I love tower. I would go to dhs for opening, ride tower, then leave to Epcot. On that day I would make Epcot fastpasses

Upvote 0

LeighM

During our trip, we walked from EPCOT to HS for the Toy Story ride and to get our picture taken with Olaf and Chewbacca before our dinner at Hollywood and Vine. Even though we were two adults, I was interested in trying their Halloween themed dinner :) Then after the dinner, we walked back to EPCOT.

With the evening entertainment at Animal Kingdom and Rivers of Light, plus Pandora opening soon, I would rather spend the morning at MK when crowds are typically lower then hop over to AK after lunch for the rest of the day. But I do prefer MK at night, so I would spend the other day split between EPCOT and MK and it would be easier to do with the monorail.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Then the next morning in Hollywood Studios, and the bulk of the day eating in drinking in EPCOT. We are looking forward to being able to grab a few drinks at EPCOT!
I'm all for a good drink but depending on how often you go to WDW I wouldn't get stuck too much in world showcase. I just hate seeing people spend all that money just to spend the "bulk" of the day eating and drinking in Epcot. If your only there for 2 days I would spend your park time riding rides and seeing attractions. Then if after the park closes you want to head to DS for a drink or two great.

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

I would completely ignore the "skip Hollywood" advice.

Do Tower, do great movie ride because it's going to be gone soon, toy story if you can get a fast pass.

If you like a few drinks, the Tune-In lounge is there. If Julie is bartending, you will be thoroughly entertained. And if you want a snack or to split an entrée, the bartender there can bring you anything on the menu from the primetime 50s Café. It's worth waiting five or 10 minutes to get a seat at the bar and have fun.

Another option is the outdoor patio of the Brown Derby for drinks and appetizers - totally different atmosphere from the café, a little more pricey, a little more martini versus milkshake. Depends on what you like. We like both!

You can make a good time anywhere.

Upvote 0

JohnD

The great thing about Epcot and DHS is that they are linked via boats. Decide which park you want to do in the evening, then just do a half-day in DHS which is all that you need for that park.

Upvote 0
There's also a path that's a 15 min walk b/t the two parks and takes you in the international gateway entrance to EPCOT. Walking IMHO is faster than the ferry with all it's stops.
Have fun!:cool:
I agree walk over to Epcot it's easier to go in the international gateway the ferry takes to long with all the stops unless you want a break and want to sit down and rest.

Upvote 0

thomas998

Hi! My boyfriend and I are both in our early 20s and are taking a long weekend in Disney together. We will have one full day at the resort (Port Orleans French Quarter), then two days with a park hopper pass. Last time I went I didn't get to go to Animal Kingdom, so that's a priority to me. We'll probably do a full day there then that evening in Magic Kingdom. Then the next morning in Hollywood Studios, and the bulk of the day eating in drinking in EPCOT. We'll be happy riding rides and having good dinners, both of us having a few go-tos from last time we were each their as teenagers, but does anyone have any other suggestions? We are looking forward to being able to grab a few drinks at EPCOT!
If your trying to cram as much fun into 2 days as possible you need to look at a calendar for the weekend your going and see which parks have early morning hours and stay open latest to insure you maximize your time. I would suggest you schedule your fast passes for the afternoons and not try to use them early in the hopes of getting a 4th pass later on because with only 2 days you really need to set them up in the afternoon so you can hit parks and popular rides at rope drop on those 2 days.

Also as you state AK is high on your list, try to hit it as one of the early rope drop parks because its most popular rides should be easily hit by simply running to them at rope drop instead of wasting your fastpasses on them... That being the case I would hit Everest first followed by the rapids then swing back to Dinosaur and if you just have to do the safari go hit it as last of the 4... and if you have to skip one for the sake of time skip safari, it is probably a notch below Jungle Cruise because the animals aren't guaranteed to even be visible at least on Jungle Cruise the fiberglass animals pop up on cue.

Now if you want to avoid having to run around like mad trying to catch everything you want you could also just schedule a Ultimate Trills tour which would cost you about 300/person but would pretty much give you all the rides you are likely to want in one fell swoop jumping the lines and getting them all done in one day.... It would be available on a Sunday or Friday not on Saturday so keep that in mind if you decide to do it the easy way.

Upvote 0

21stamps

I would completely ignore the "skip Hollywood" advice.

Do Tower, do great movie ride because it's going to be gone soon, toy story if you can get a fast pass.

If you like a few drinks, the Tune-In lounge is there. If Julie is bartending, you will be thoroughly entertained. And if you want a snack or to split an entrée, the bartender there can bring you anything on the menu from the primetime 50s Café. It's worth waiting five or 10 minutes to get a seat at the bar and have fun.

Another option is the outdoor patio of the Brown Derby for drinks and appetizers - totally different atmosphere from the café, a little more pricey, a little more martini versus milkshake. Depends on what you like. We like both!

You can make a good time anywhere.

You beat me to it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom