Planning ahead 2019

Michelle Beaumont

Hi guys,

First time post & super excited to start planning ahead! My hubby & I are keen Disney goers & are planning to take our little girl for her first time when she's 3. As I'm a school teacher we are restricted to school holiday so looking for some advice. She will be 3 at the beginning of April 2019 & I finish school Fri 29th March & don't go back until Tuesday 16th so thinking this time is an option or when I finish up for the summer anytime after fri 28th June?!? All advice/suggestion greatly welcomed. Also, we are keen to stay at a Disney resort but not sure which so again any suggestions/advice much appreciated.

TIA! Mx

StarshipDisney

I think recommendations here will vary greatly but happy to reply. My wife and I are planning on our seventh Disney vacation for December 2018. I also went several times with my family when I was a kid.

1) I would personally recommend the 29 March - 16 April window as summer means hottest temperatures and largest crowds. It also might be neat to celebrate her birthday at Disney.

2) As far as a hotel goes...again opinion will vary with the wind. But if convenience is a factor and you can afford it, no Disney hotel beats the Contemporary Resort Tower...period. I know others may argue but I stand behind my choice. Nothing beats the very short walk from room-to-elevator-to monorail or room-to-elevator-to bus...or vice versa. It is a very short walk. Food is also only an elevator ride away.

If you want a value or moderate, I have never stayed at one of those but we have chosen Port Orleans Riverside for our next stay in Dec 2018. It is much cheaper than a deluxe at about roughly $500/night (but for us that includes tickets for two, dining package for two, and memory maker). So we will give a moderate a try.

Best wishes for your trip.:)

Upvote 0

Michelle Beaumont

Original Poster
I think recommendations here will vary greatly but happy to reply. My wife and I are planning on our seventh Disney vacation for December 2018. I also went several times with my family when I was a kid.

1) I would personally recommend the 29 March - 16 April window as summer means hottest temperatures and largest crowds. It also might be neat to celebrate her birthday at Disney.

2) As far as a hotel goes...again opinion will vary with the wind. But if convenience is a factor and you can afford it, no Disney hotel beats the Contemporary Resort Tower...period. I know others may argue but I stand behind my choice. Nothing beats the very short walk from room-to-elevator-to monorail or room-to-elevator-to bus...or vice versa. It is a very short walk. Food is also only an elevator ride away.

If you want a value or moderate, I have never stayed at one of those but we have chosen Port Orleans Riverside for our next stay in Dec 2018. It is much cheaper than a deluxe at about roughly $500/night (but for us that includes tickets for two, dining package for two, and memory maker). So we will give a moderate a try.

Best wishes for your trip.:)

Thanks so much for your reply, lots of good suggestions & reasons behind why which I like:happy:

We've stayed at Port Orleans & really loved it so I'm sure you will love it too...the boat ride to downtown, well Disney springs is a fab bonus too:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom