Planning After 2-year Absence

Prince Shaun

Happy New Year, everyone!

This is the time when my friend and I start planning for our summer trip, only last year we went to Mexico instead of Disney. With all the new attractions that have opened, what have become your new favorite attractions, restaurants, experiences since the summer of 2015? What should we make room for in our plans?

Thanks in advance! Have a magical New Year!

belledream

The big rides out since 2015 are obviously Frozen Ever After (FP+ recommended if it's a must do for your party) and Soarin' Around the World. Miss the old Soarin' but the new film is a feast for the eyes as well.

New favorite restaurant is surprisingly...Skipper Canteen! Food was unique and tasty, and the decor of the restaurant and interactions with servers make for a fun atmosphere!

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

We are in the same boat. The biggest changes are Frozen at Epcot, change to Soarin, and some more Star Wars stuff at DHS. Other than that, not too much has changed and strategies are still the same. If you like spending more money or displaying social class, they have the insanely priced cabanas for rent at MK and some deluxe resorts.

Upvote 0

Spectro

Same here will be 3 Years since last visit. Kids grown up so looking forward to ak and Epcot more than any other parks and going to split stay with universal. Undecided in accommodation 4 adults 1 room hmmmm....

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

We have not been since Nov. 2015 (skipped 2016 to let some of the walls come down), but are planning a trip for Dec. So, I've been reading up like crazy since Dec.1, to see what Disney would do for the holidays (2016) w/o Osborne lights. Thought it might help for holidays 2017, and now I will be watching this year all the way until our trip - things seem to change fast now. Disney likes to offer new experiences at the last minute, too. I am very excited to see what will be coming!

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

Same here will be 3 Years since last visit. Kids grown up so looking forward to ak and Epcot more than any other parks and going to split stay with universal. Undecided in accommodation 4 adults 1 room hmmmm....
We are doing the same - split stay with Universal. We are going to try Hard Rock this time, never been. Have stayed at Royal Pacific and Cabana Bay, both nice. I think we will go to Uni first, then Disney (it helps me retain the Disney magic after trip, lol). Interested to see what Uni does for the holidays, since we'll be there in Dec.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom