Pre-Trip Planning a Disneymoon for March 2018

Hi All!

My Fiance and I are new here! I went to WDW when I was around 13 for 2 weeks and it was one of the best vacations I have ever been on. My family member is part of DVC and we stayed for 2 weeks at Old Key West.

We are planning our trip - but really need some advice. We are wanting to stay for around 9-10 days and our budget is around $6,000. We wanted to do the parks for around 6-7 days and spend a few days with just each other and maybe at Universal Studios (I've gotta try some butterbeer! lol)

I've tried looking on the Disney website for pricing but its not released yet. Can anyone recommened where to stay for our Honeymoon? And - how much we should be expecting to pay for that time period.

Any tips or advice is appreciated :)

Thanks all!!

joshsprincess921

Hi All!

My Fiance and I are new here! I went to WDW when I was around 13 for 2 weeks and it was one of the best vacations I have ever been on. My family member is part of DVC and we stayed for 2 weeks at Old Key West.

We are planning our trip - but really need some advice. We are wanting to stay for around 9-10 days and our budget is around $6,000. We wanted to do the parks for around 6-7 days and spend a few days with just each other and maybe at Universal Studios (I've gotta try some butterbeer! lol)

I've tried looking on the Disney website for pricing but its not released yet. Can anyone recommened where to stay for our Honeymoon? And - how much we should be expecting to pay for that time period.

Any tips or advice is appreciated :)

Thanks all!!

Congrats and welcome! My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon. We stayed 7 days at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We paid out of pocket instead of the dining plan. We still ate around 10 table service meals. With our stay, tickets (6 day park hoppers), memory maker, food, flights and other purchases, we were right around the $6,000 mark for the entire trip. We booked the spring discount for our room.

krysheff

Original Poster
Congrats and welcome! My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon. We stayed 7 days at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We paid out of pocket instead of the dining plan. We still ate around 10 table service meals. With our stay, tickets (6 day park hoppers), memory maker, food, flights and other purchases, we were right around the $6,000 mark for the entire trip. We booked the spring discount for our room.

That's awesome - Thank you so much! How was the Animal Kingdom Lodge - would you stay there again? I was reading about that resort & Cornado Springs.

WWWD

Keep in mind when planning that Easter falls on April 1st next year. Combining that with spring breaks, the last week of March will be packed. Make sure you reserve a room early, have dinning reserved at 180 days out and pick your fast passes 60 days before check-in. You can still have a great time in a packed park, it just takes more planning. We usually go in March, with our experience, crowds increase as the month progresses - seems like most of the country has spring breaks during the latter half of the month.

krysheff

Original Poster
Keep in mind when planning that Easter falls on April 1st next year. Combining that with spring breaks, the last week of March will be packed. Make sure you reserve a room early, have dinning reserved at 180 days out and pick your fast passes 60 days before check-in. You can still have a great time in a packed park, it just takes more planning. We usually go in March, with our experience, crowds increase as the month progresses - seems like most of the country has spring breaks during the latter half of the month.

Great information to know! Thank you. We are planning on arriving March 5 and leaving either March 12/13. Hopefully since its still early March it wouldn't be too busy. Do you recommend doing the dining plan? Thanks!

WWWD

Great information to know! Thank you. We are planning on arriving March 5 and leaving either March 12/13. Hopefully since its still early March it wouldn't be too busy. Do you recommend doing the dining plan? Thanks!

I would read this thread to help you decide on the dining plan.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/dining-plan-questions.923583/#post-7535009

I have never been a big fan of the dining plan, but a lot of people swear by it. It's a lot of food, and I'm an eater. Also, I always felt that I had to order the most expensive item on the menu to get my monies worth.

bee

Congrats on your upcoming marriage! A Disneymoon is a wonderful way to celebrate!

Although pricing hasn't been released on the Disney website, you can call and price/book a room already for 2018.

I personally would never do the dining plan because I'm a vegetarian and the veggie entrees at most restaurants cost significantly less than the meat, so I would never get my money's worth. As @WWWD suggested, read the thread above for different people's takes on it. Some prefer it even though they would break even or possibly lose money because they like that it's prepaid. If you want to feel like your food is prepaid and not have to whip out the credit card (or charge to the room and get that bill at the end :cautious::eek:) you could put your food budget on Disney gift cards and pay for all meals with those.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom