Planning a Disney Cruise

Lexxweb

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been around (for all 3 of you who know me)
I'm planning my first Disney Cruise for this upcoming March, but before I do I had just a few questions.
  • Are there a lot of kids on a 3 night Bahamian cruise?
  • Does anyone have a preference on which Cruise Line they like to travel on?
  • What kind of room should I shoot for?
  • How old do you have to be to check in? (I'm 18, but thinking about going with someone who is over 21, so in reality it won't be a problem, I'm just simply curious)

Thanks!

:cool: Lexxweb

Cubs Brian

All Disney cruises are loaded with kids and families regardless of length of cruise.If cost is a concern I'd book inside cabin or different cruise line like Carnival. the quality isn't nearly as good as Disney's but it's about half the price and 3 day cruises have more of a party atmosphere. Check with each cruise line for their age policies. A good website to check out for ALL cruising info is cruisecritic.com .

Upvote 0

kimmychad

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been around (for all 3 of you who know me)

I'm planning my first Disney Cruise for this upcoming March, but before I do I had just a few questions.
  • Are there a lot of kids on a 3 night Bahamian cruise?
  • Does anyone have a preference on which Cruise Line they like to travel on?
  • What kind of room should I shoot for?
  • How old do you have to be to check in? (I'm 18, but thinking about going with someone who is over 21, so in reality it won't be a problem, I'm just simply curious)
Thanks!

:cool: Lexxweb

we're looking into booking a cruise in december and i've discovered some of the 4 day cruises are actually the same price or cheaper as the day day ones. something to consider.

Upvote 0

gettingsmaller

We're going for our first cruise this December.
One thing that I'm still working out is the transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral. I have a good quote from TWR Limos. Has anyone here ever done business with them or heard anything about them?

Since we have not cruised, I can't really say a "preferred" line... well, actually, from everything I've seen, I'd PREFER Disney, but I can't justify the cost (esp. since I can get all 5 of us into 1 stateroom on Carnival).

As for the question about age, here is what Carnival says:
http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Age_Policy.aspx
"
Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:
Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.
Domestic Partners/Same-______ Union minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-______ Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund. "

Unless you are married to the 21-year-old, it's possible that you wouldn't qualify to ride on Carnival--even WITH a 21-year-old...

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

getting smaller:

We are going on our first cruise in Feb. We where looking into how to get to the port from MCO also. Since I htink the Cruise boat bus is to pricey plus you arrive with a bus load of people making check in longer.

What we came up with was renting a car from Avis I believe. It was like 40 bucks each way and they have a shuttle to the boat.

Since then we have decided to drive due to Feb weather being so unpredictable here in the midwest. We are going to arrive a day early and stay at a local hotel which allows us to keep are car there for free and take a shuttle or cab to boat.

Upvote 0

Christi22222

What hotels near the port allow you to leave your car for free during the cruise? We are doing the same plan, and were just going to pay for parking. But free is better!

Upvote 0
We are set for our second Disney cruise next February--- the 7-night Western Caribbean. Our first was a 4-night cruise as part of a land/sea package.

I suggest you check out the Disney Cruise Line forum at www.disboards.com. The information there is quite helpful.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

There are tons of kids on any Disney cruise. The good thing is there are also ways to get away from them.:D There is an adult pool, adult restaurant, adult section of the deck, and adult nightclubs. So even though they're there, you do not have to be surrounded by them at all times.

We always rent a car from MCO to Port Canaveral. Two one way rentals is usually cheaper than Disney transportation.

The Radisson has free shuttles to the terminal and you can leave your car there the length of the cruise. We've stayed there twice and enjoyed it both times.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom