Planning a Birthday

GusGus07

I'm trying to plan something for my husband's birthday while we're in Disney World. Any ideas on something special to do where the price is reasonable? Thanks!

Nemo14

I'm trying to plan something for my husband's birthday while we're in Disney World. Any ideas on something special to do where the price is reasonable? Thanks!
The Hoop-Dee-Do review is always fun, and they'll sing to him. If you have the dining plan, it will take 2 credits, but it's worth it.

Upvote 0

fizzle75

Birthdays at Liberty Tree Tavern are great. Tell them ahead of time about the birthday and they will bring out a small cake with a marzipan Mickey on top and sing happy birthday. They also bring you a birthday card signed by the characters. I don't remember how much the cake was but I think it was $7.99 or so,someone else here could probably give you better details.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

Dont know what type of people you are..like to go to a bar/club type?, but a night out at the Adventures Club can be fun as well and telling one of the actors its a birthday will probably get him "Into" the show. Also a visit to the Comedy Warehouse.

Although a bit pricing you may also find something in your budget by visiting www.giftsofalifetime.com . They have helped me on several special occasions, proposal, wedding night, etc. I did pretty elaborate things that cost alot but they can probably also do something on a smaller scale.

Also remember www.disneyflorist.com they can do special things as well.

Upvote 0
If he doesn't mind attention, get the free birthday buttons from the guest relations at each park. There are different ones from Epcot, AK, MK, and Downtown Disney. The one for MGM is the same as MK's. They make great little keepsakes, and will get him numerous birthday wishes from passerby and cm alike.

When I was in WDW for my birthday, I got picked for the Indy Stunt Show, and got a big happy birthday from the entire audience. The characters in the parade wished me Happy Birthday too - which was really great.

Good luck, and have fun :wave:

Upvote 0

Camille59

Are you staying on the property? If you are talk with the person who checks you in or the conceirge. Sometimes they will bring balloons to a room with a card signed by the characters depending on the hotel you are staying at. You could probably even call them in advanced. The birthday button idea is a great idea too. The new birthday button for the YOAMD has a place in it where you can write your husbands name and that will get him some attention. Also check with guest relations at the parks. I personally like Epcot's the best because it is so colorful and is rectangular in shape instead of round like the other parks are. If you are going to a restaurant, you can always talk to the check in person and they will make something special happen for no additional cost. I celebrated a bday in LeCelliar and they made me a dessert place with chocolate sauce ink and a neat dessert. My friends had a birthday at Cape May last year and got a small Boston Cream cake with one single candle in it.

Upvote 0

Camille59

The free bday buttons are an excellent way to celebrate a bday. :sohappy:There's new buttons for the YOAMD that has an empty spot in the middle to put your husband's name. This you can get when you check in. Each park also has bday buttons at guest services. Most of them look alike, but the one at Epcot is shaped differently and is very colorful. If you let the conceirge know in advanced or when you check in, they can sometimes arrange for a bouquet of balloons and a bday card signed by characters to be delivered to your room depending on where you are staying on the property. When you go out to eat, talk to the check in person and tell them that it's your husband's special day. The will often come up with a small dessert with a candle in it when you are finished with your meal and it doesn't cost anything more. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

davidpw97

Not sure when your trip is but if its anytime in late february or March then I would suggest if he is a sports fan you should take him to an Atlanta Braves spring training game at the Wideworld of Sports complex. Went with family for my birthday one year and we all had a good time. The tickets aren't that expensive and even the cheap seats are great seats because its not a large stadium or I think you can buy tickets to stand or sit on the outfield lawn.
I would also suggest checking the concert schedule at the House of Blues, maybe there will be a show during your trip that he'd want to see.

Upvote 0

GusGus07

Original Poster
What great suggestions! Thank you all so much. I knew about the buttons but didn't realize each park had different ones. Thanks again for all the help! I can't wait to go!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom