Planet of the Apes... Just a thought

javy2004

Original Poster
first of all, this isn't based on anything other than what was going on in my head. This week i was watching the original planet of the apes series (the first 4 at least, i wasn't so much into the 5th film and couldn't finish it). I also remember the really entertaining and well done reboot rise of the planet of the apes from last summer. i very much look forward to the sequel as well.

I was thinking that the current series (given they maintain the same level of quality or better) would make for a perfect land in DAK. it'd be more fitting and not nearly as expensive as whatever james cameron's Avatar becomes. comparing the films, there are some similarities. both the na'vi and the apes have conflict with the humans and there are a select few humans on their side. thanks to Andy Serkis's performance i'm sure, i ended up caring a lot more about Caesar and the apes than the Na'vi. while there's only one film in the reboot series, there's the original 5 films and tim burton's 2001 remake. there's a lot lot more to work off of and it just seems to fit better to me in DAK.

while i understand that Avatar made 5 times what Rise made, i feel sequels will yield less and less at the box office given that the selling point for many ppl to see Avatar was the visuals. That won't be enough for me to see the sequel(s).

What i'm curious about is am i crazy for thinking this or would other ppl be excited if something like this ever came to fruition? I can picture a really amazing indoor ride incorporating the ride system used in indiana jones at DL. especially after seeing some of these animatronics in rides like little mermaid and TSMM and stitch. it could be something pretty special.

nytimez

Nah, that would have to be at Universal:
drzaius-600x449.jpg

javy2004

Original Poster
I got bored just thinking of the idea. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't ever see it happening.

i don't see it happening either, but i'd be more excited about it than the world of avatar which seems like it won't be done as it should be due to budget constraints. like i said. just a thought. i guess i'm alone on this lol

GeorgiaPinesRJB

"I hate every ape I see, from Chimpan-A to Chimpanzee!"

Will echo the sentiments of the others on here with a loud and resounding NO! sorry

Now, if they wanted to add an area specifically for apes somewhere in DAK, I'd be all for that. Ape Mountain with habitats for gorillas and chimps would be neat...

javy2004

Original Poster
"I hate every ape I see, from Chimpan-A to Chimpanzee!"

Will echo the sentiments of the others on here with a loud and resounding NO! sorry

Now, if they wanted to add an area specifically for apes somewhere in DAK, I'd be all for that. Ape Mountain with habitats for gorillas and chimps would be neat...

that's probably better anyway. a land of apes with awesome exhibits and attractions would be sweet

GeorgiaPinesRJB

that's probably better anyway. a land of apes with awesome exhibits and attractions would be sweet

Yeah, since the gorillas live in a completely different area of Africa than what is depicted in the African section of DAK (mountains versus veldt/savannah). I would love to see a Land of the Apes area, make it look mountainous and have a gorilla and chimp walk through like Maharajah Jungle Trek and then another attraction or two. While they are at it, add an Australia section too. Those two areas combined with Pandora, you got a sweet park my friend.

Goofyernmost

Me neither....Planet of the Apes movies are a little dark...
75.gif

Right...they are not bright and cheery like Snow White (wait, that's a little dark). OK, how about Pinocchio (Oops, also a little dark). I know, these two will support my point, Bambi (a sweet upbeat movie) and Dumbo (nothing in there that would cause distress). What, oh yea, they did have a few scary sections didn't they?:eek:

As I was saying Planet of the Apes is a perfect fit especially in Animal Kingdom! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom