Planet Hollywood Store at DHS

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Why is there a PH Store in DHS? Or How long has it been there? It's not even merley close to the restaurant that resides at DTD..Yet they have another store in the West Side District.. Was there some plan after the David Copperfield Underground fell threw to put PH in there?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Just Hollywood theming. Many (if not all) of the buildings that house shops and such are based on real California buildings - many labeled and covered with signage denoting them as such.

wdwfan22

The PH store is located on Sunset Blvd, right side of the street as if your heading towards The Hollywood Tower Hotel.

stephdanielle

Slightly off-topic perhaps, but as a sidenote...if you're ever wanting to get a poncho (which I'm never sure why I do) it is cheaper to get one there than to buy a Disney one from the other stores. Saves a couple of dollars at least.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
This idea would have worked better and made more sense if PH made the restaurant at the studios just like Rainforest cafe at AK..

roj2323

Just Hollywood theming. Many (if not all) of the buildings that house shops and such are based on real California buildings - many labeled and covered with signage denoting them as such.

Nope, it's actually a Planet Hollywood store. All of the Merch is Planet Hollywood and it's run by Planet hollywood staff. There's a few costumes in cases in the store as well but they're in rough shape.

JIMINYCR

I've always found it strange that PH was given a location in DHS also. I'll take a quick stroll through the store on my way to ToT just to see what displays theyve got but I cant ever thing of one thing I've purchased there. I remember seeing a billboard years ago for coming soon...David Copperfield and I was so excited for it. Maybe with the AbracadaBar there will be a renewed interest in a magic shop. A tie into Mickey Sorcerer would be fun.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I've always found it strange that PH was given a location in DHS also. I'll take a quick stroll through the store on my way to ToT just to see what displays theyve got but I cant ever thing of one thing I've purchased there. I remember seeing a billboard years ago for coming soon...David Copperfield and I was so excited for it. Maybe with the AbracadaBar there will be a renewed interest in a magic shop. A tie into Mickey Sorcerer would be fun.
That might have been the clothing store for Magic underground if it went through and they probably went to PH last minute after it fell through.

epcotisbest

I've noticed it kind of happens during slow days on here..But, at least they are using the search function to see if this question was asked and not just post the same question.
Well, I think this guy was actually a genuine troll. He only pulled up Planet Hollywood posts. He only had about 18 posts when I put him on ignore, and this morning, all those are deleted. In my ignore list, his post count is now 0. Gotta admire that kind of positive moderation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom