PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

Goofyernmost

Concept art almost always differs from the final product, but these are interesting little changes
As you say... interesting, but, hardly any reason for any concern. The concept art is well before actual building. Well before! New ideas come up, new details emerge. Artistic license that allows perfect symmetry changes with reality and we get a finished product. The concept art is just that... concept! Almost nothing ever ends up being exactly what the art work shows. I'm never sure why anyone thinks that the artwork is telling them much of anything other then a general idea that may or may not become reality. That one is pretty close to exact though with the except of a few minor sign changes.

Princess Leia

I seriously cannot wait to see the inside of the restaurant. The two times my family went to Pizza Planet, I was always bothered that it didn't look like the one in the movie (I specifically wanted that whack-a-mole/Alien Chestburster game). Having the restaurant be something original like this will probably please a lot more people (if it's done right).

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Does anyone know if the 1908 establishment date means anything? Or if it's just a random year?

Not sure if there is a connection, but it is the year the Imagineer John Hench was born.

Do you think awning will be up soon? And concept art says "est. 1930" but now in reality it says, "est 1908"
Hmmmm Disney may have something up their sleeve.....

I am guessing the Mel Blanc and Jim Henson connection

Mel-1908-1989 RIP

HeroOfWDW

I seriously cannot wait to see the inside of the restaurant. The two times my family went to Pizza Planet, I was always bothered that it didn't look like the one in the movie (I specifically wanted that whack-a-mole/Alien Chestburster game). Having the restaurant be something original like this will probably please a lot more people (if it's done right).
Like maybe having Rizzo's family members taking your order? Like, actual puppets instead of CM's ;)

*Q*

Wow, that's a really realistic Muppet on the bench there.

Doing away with paper towels completely is not on the table but getting rid of the Stainless steel paper towel dispensers is as they can't get parts for them anymore and they break all the time. At one point cast restrooms were being stripped of their dispensers (replaced with plastic ones) so the on stage dispensers could be fixed. DHS (LMA and SOA rest rooms) was one of the test locations for the battery powered dispensers they are now installing in the remodeled rest rooms along with the air knife dryers. As for the rest rooms getting remodels they quite frankly need it badly in some cases. The worst of them is Epcot's rest rooms which in large part haven't been touched since the park opened.

I vastly prefer paper towels to the air dryers.

WDWbuff2001

I have been searching and searching for updates.. Luckily as of yesterday i found this picture
IMG_1831.JPG

Most of you saw the same picture yesterday, but only 1/3 of the awning was complete. Well I'm guessing after that picture was taken all of the awning was added in a short amount of time because the sky looks as if it is only the middle of the day. If you look at the bottom of the awning there seems to be a red line going across, which could be the fabric as shown in the concept art.. This is as of 8/30, which was yesterday not today..

Goofyernmost

Germs are everywhere. I've learned to deal with that fact as long as my immune system continues to do the amazing job that it does. I very rarely get sick.
Immune system... We don't need on stinking immune system. What we need is someone with a 55 gallon drum of anti-bacterial spray on their back walking around and randomly sanitizing everything they come in contact with. That way we won't need no immune system and we will never die.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have been searching and searching for updates.. Luckily as of yesterday i found this picture
View attachment 158548

Most of you saw the same picture yesterday, but only 1/3 of the awning was complete. Well I'm guessing after that picture was taken all of the awning was added in a short amount of time because the sky looks as if it is only the middle of the day. If you look at the bottom of the awning there seems to be a red line going across, which could be the fabric as shown in the concept art.. This is as of 8/30, which was yesterday not today..

This picture was posted 2 hours ago! I want something more up to date. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom