PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

clemmo

Disney really needs to enhance this area if they are going to keep it here. Love the Muppets. Love Star Wars. The Muppets area will be getting a surge of visitors once SWL opens. It would be nice if they get things in order before the opening of SWL and TSL. It has a lot of potential and it can be geared toward the whole family. Invest in the area :)
I agree I love the muppets and the area as a whole as it is the last little bit of SOA that will remain. I hope that once TSL opens MV 3-D can go down for a long refurb and maybe even a brand new show or something of the sort. It would be nice to get rid of Waldo.

J. D.

20160823_163326.jpg

roj2323

No official word yet, just wishful thinking.
It's not something that would take terribly long to do anyway. They could close and re-theme the restaurant in about a week as it's kinda generic at the moment. Swap the photos in the frames, add a bunch of props, swap the music and paint some random stuff on the walls. If they wanted to get crazy they could gut the place and redo it but if they are going to keep it Italian and do something with the Swedish chef theme it doesn't have to be that complicated and I'd rather see them spend the money elsewhere.

Fox&Hound

Wow- really excited to see this. The upper story to Pizza Planet/Rizzo's was an excellent idea to increase capacity. Now just give us decent food.

I like this a lot! Add an opportunity to meet Kermit/Piggy or one of the muppets in a rotating M&G spot and this would be a nice little land. Such a shame Muppets didn't get a second season. It doesn't make sense to me since it aired on ABC which is owned by Disney......

brb1006

I hope the food will be much better compared to Pizza Planet where the food while tasty look so messy especially the salads.

J. D.

Wow- really excited to see this. The upper story to Pizza Planet/Rizzo's was an excellent idea to increase capacity. Now just give us decent food.

I like this a lot! Add an opportunity to meet Kermit/Piggy or one of the muppets in a rotating M&G spot and this would be a nice little land. Such a shame Muppets didn't get a second season. It doesn't make sense to me since it aired on ABC which is owned by Disney......
Give me a Muppet meet and greet with actual puppets and I'll be happy.

mrsWarren14

If they convert Mama Melrose's into another Muppet themed restaurant, I want 'live' entertainment from the Electric Mayhem or Rowlf. If they could make it work in Rizzo's, I'd be happy with that too.
I like the way you think! I would eat there during everyone of my vacations! If they do that as well as a M&G area and an update on the film for MV 3D this area would be my go to spot at DHS!

Princess Leia

If they wanted to get crazy they could gut the place and redo it but if they are going to keep it Italian and do something with the Swedish chef theme it doesn't have to be that complicated and I'd rather see them spend the money elsewhere.
It looks like Rizzo's might have more Italian options (just assuming here), so I don't know if it would make sense to have two Italian themed restaurants. They could really put any kind of food in there and theme it to the Muppets.
In my 7th Grade English class, we had to create a themed restaurant. I picked the Muppets, and made the menu incredibly punny. If I could do it when I was 13, Disney can do it.

Princess Leia

I agree I love the muppets and the area as a whole as it is the last little bit of SOA that will remain. I hope that once TSL opens MV 3-D can go down for a long refurb and maybe even a brand new show or something of the sort. It would be nice to get rid of Waldo.
That film's not going anywhere. It was Henson's last project, and I really don't think Disney will get rid of it (though I could have said the same thing about the Great Movie Ride...). It'd be nice for it to get a bit of a touch up though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom