PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

RSoxNo1

The queue is fine. The ride is fine. The story hasn't changed so the ride needn't change.

I'm happy with it, I like it, sorry that bothers you.

Says who?

Not true! They added Ariel as a cameo at one point.

I don't think it is overrated. Sure, it could use an upgrade or two, but I still like it a lot the way it is.
It features the oldest animatronics of any attraction and it's driven by animatronics to tell the story. Disneyland's update was mediocre at best, but it's still a substantial upgrade over Florida. The only other one I've experienced is Tokyo, and while that one also features relatively primitive animatronics, the attraction is still better than it's Florida counterpart. The ride is dated. It has nothing to do with the story telling component of it, it just needs to be updated.

With all that said, I booked a Fastpass for it for my upcoming trip. I enjoy the ride, but it illicits ridiculous waits for it's current state. That's my opposition to it and that's why it's overrated. It's a C-ticket attraction that needs a significant upgrade and yet it gets E-ticket level waits.

Variable

It features the oldest animatronics of any attraction and it's driven by animatronics to tell the story. Disneyland's update was mediocre at best, but it's still a substantial upgrade over Florida. The only other one I've experienced is Tokyo, and while that one also features relatively primitive animatronics, the attraction is still better than it's Florida counterpart. The ride is dated. It has nothing to do with the story telling component of it, it just needs to be updated.

With all that said, I booked a Fastpass for it for my upcoming trip. I enjoy the ride, but it illicits ridiculous waits for it's current state. That's my opposition to it and that's why it's overrated. It's a C-ticket attraction that needs a significant upgrade and yet it gets E-ticket level waits.

We're cool man! I think a lot of FL rides suffer long waits because there aren't enough of those uber kid friendly rides. Making the ride more appealing to the more discriminating adults like yourself isn't the solution. We skip it most visits now unless it's really short. Heck aside from walking through, a Gastons cinnamon roll or BOG lunch, we don't spend much time in FL anymore. We're not demographic, doesn't bother me a bit!

TheOrangeBird01

Got to love the Peter Pan argument in a thread about a pizza quick service in a different part. On a related note the pizza can't be any worse then what was Pizza Planet pizza. They would be better off going the flatbread or thin crust route then the bread with a sprinkle of toppings they called pizza.

Was Pizza Planet's pizza the same as Pizzafari's before the refurb? I loved Pizzafari's pizza especially with a side of Caesar salad, so for me I hope they keep the recipe the same, but I think the general consensus is that the pizza needs to change. I'm all for change as long as it's good, but I wouldn't want to go the flat bread route. Flat breads don't scream "Muppet Pizzeria" to me.

Variable

Got to love the Peter Pan argument in a thread about a pizza quick service in a different part. On a related note the pizza can't be any worse then what was Pizza Planet pizza. They would be better off going the flatbread or thin crust route then the bread with a sprinkle of toppings they called pizza.

We were talking about the lack of good pan pizza and the uh, sauce, er, the topic, needed more seasoning? Maybe? That's my story...:hungry::hungry::hungry:

olie64

Was Pizza Planet's pizza the same as Pizzafari's before the refurb? I loved Pizzafari's pizza especially with a side of Caesar salad, so for me I hope they keep the recipe the same, but I think the general consensus is that the pizza needs to change. I'm all for change as long as it's good, but I wouldn't want to go the flat bread route. Flat breads don't scream "Muppet Pizzeria" to me.

I have only had pizza planet so I can't compare, flat bread doesn't scream muppets to me either but the old pizza was mainly bread, but like you I did enjoy the side salad. Or even a mall type pizza joint where you pick a piece of pizza or calzone they warm it up would be great I think.

Variable

I have only had pizza planet so I can't compare, flat bread doesn't scream muppets to me either but the old pizza was mainly bread, but like you I did enjoy the side salad. Or even a mall type pizza joint where you pick a piece of pizza or calzone they warm it up would be great I think.

Nothing screams muppets to me like a poor quality foam pillow!

TheOrangeBird01

PizzeRizzo Concept.jpg

First look at PizzeRizzo concept art! (From the site that shall not be named)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom