Pizza at Pop Century hotel

confuseme

Original Poster
Has anyone tried the pizza at pop century hotel? Is it good? I saw the lunch/dinner menu that there is a 16' pepperoni pizza, does that count as one counter service? :confused:

KnK

We've got a pizza the last couple of years. It's cheaper to go to the food court and order it. They will give it to you in a take out box.

We've enjoyed it.

macsmom

It is good, but as K&K said, it is cheaper to call and order it and then go pick it up. I can't remember what the price is to deliver to your room, but I think it was a percentage plus delivery charges. Too much for what you pay.

danna

JPVonDrake

Large Pizzas are not included in the 2007 Dine Plan.

For the 2008 Dine Plan...

2 Quick Service meals may be exchanged for a Pizza Meal at Value / Moderate Resort Quick Service Locations.

2 Table Service meals may be exchanged for In-Room Delivery Pizza Meal at the Value / Moderate Resorts.

Value / Moderate Pizza Meal: 1 large 16 inch pizza plus one 2 liter beverage and two deserts feeding 2 individuals.

4 Table Service meals may be exchanged for In-Room Delivery Pizza Meal at Deluxe Resorts w/ In-Room Dining

Deluxe Resort Pizza Meal: 1 large 16 inch pizza, two non-alcoholic beverages and two desserts feeding 2 individuals

LudwigVonDrake

How much are they charging these days to deliver a pizza to the rooms at Pop Century and All-Stars? A few years ago I remember the prices being insane.

sweetpee_1993

The first time we stayed at Pop Century was January 2004 (a month after it opened). The pizza was great, very tasty and fresh. They even made a little pizza special for my DS who can't have the tomato sauce.

In February 2006 we had a pizza from Everything Pop again. Very different pizza the 2nd go around. It tasted like what you would get at Chuck-E-Cheese: pre-made reheated frozen cardboard ick. The surcharge for the delivery wasn't cheap either. For the money spent to deliver that pizza I was sorely disappointed.

I know pizza delivery is a big convenience when you're tired, worn out, and hungry. Prior to our most recent trip I did some homework before leaving home and located a Papa John's Pizza that delivered on the Disney property. I called them, asked what the limitations were, etc. They can deliver to the hotels. The lady said usually they agree on a delivery time with you and you meet them at the lobby because they can't always go to the specific rooms. Fair enough. I programmed the number into my cell phone. We never ended up ordering pizza because we stayed busy and it just didn't come up. I was prepared for it, tho. If your family prefers Pizza Hut, Domino's, etc. I'm sure they have locations in the area that will deliver on property.

Just thought I'd offer more options. :D

lilclerk

I've used room service once in my life, and I'll never get it again (especially for WDW pizza... no offense to those who like it, but it always makes me nauseous.)
Anyway, I ended up paying $18 for a small kids bowl of Kraft Mac & Cheese (which is, what, $.89/box?) and a root beer float in California. I learned my lesson :eek:

bayoutinkbelle

IMHO, Pop pizza is the worst thing I've ever eaten at Disney. I've tried it three times - 'cause I'm stupid that way - and it was terrible all three times. Runny, watery sauce and soggy crust. :hurl:

YMMV :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom