Pirates Sequel Villian

artdude323

NowInc said:
Filming is currently on hiatus due to bad weather in the bahamas...filming resumes mid aug in LA ;)

Filming is currently on Hiatus, but it's been scheduled that way because of other project and award show conflicts since before filming began, and has nothing to do with the weather in the Bahamas. Filming was started at Universal Studios, then went to Dominica, hiatus, back to L.A for interiors in mid August, and then finishing in the Bahamas again in the late fall.

DONALDismyhero said:
This is sort of off topic, but aren't they filming both the 2nd and 3rd movie around the same time? And does anybody have the link for the story behind them?

They are filming POTC II and III simultaneously, neither film is completely in the can yet. Both have been started. the plotlines have not been released in much detail - nothing has been released about POTC III except the working title - Pirates of the Carribean: World's End.

You might check our site for more info as it comes out - www.keeptothecode.com

CaptainMichael

He is very cool looking. I wonder if they will include any nods to the attraction in the movie like they did in Curse of the Black Pearl. Those parts made it special.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
thanks for the links artdude323 and masteryoda.......... and info.

oh, almost forgot, thanks for the pic of DJ, coffeejedi, i hope that if they do make a AA of him..... i hope his tentacles move as well because they would look like a cheap mask.

imagineer boy

PixyDust said:
Here are links to Pirates 2 and 3 on the IMDB. Not much to see yet, but bookmark them and check back periodically.

Dead Man's Chest

Pirates 3

I looked at the cast list, and there were a few things I noted.

The only black pearl pirates other than Barbossa that are returning, are Ragetti and Pintel ( the eye ball guy, and the evil bald guy )

I noticed that Mr. Gibbs wasn't on the list ( the drinking bad luck guy ) Not to mention the parrot guy was not there either. Not to mention Anna-Maria ( the women who slapped Sparrow and claimed he stole her boat )

The women playing "Scarlet" aka, the red head will be returning! Yay! We wants the red head! :sohappy:

Well, hopefully, the characters that I pointed out that weren't there will be returning, and its just a simple mistake of that web site.

wcox377492

Is it just me, or does the new villian look like it came from George Lucas' creature shop-- at least the Cantina on Star Wars or Jabba the Hutt's Palace???

imagineer boy

PixyDust said:
Am I correct in thinking that this will be a pre-quel? Since Barbossa and Bootstrap are in it?

No, this will be a sequal. Barbossa and Boot Strap Bill somehow come to life in this one. Note the fact that Bill was cursed when Barbossa and his crew sunk him to the bottom of the ocean. As for Barbossa, no one knows how he comes back to life, but he will return somehow. Maybe Davy Jones ressurects him?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i may have missed it in all these articles..... but i know that klaus badelt (sp) did the first soundtrack (score), i wonder if he is doing the second and third?

anyone know?

imagineer boy

jmaxwell007 said:
i may have missed it in all these articles..... but i know that klaus badelt (sp) did the first soundtrack (score), i wonder if he is doing the second and third?

anyone know?

Actually no, his mentor and producer of the POTC sound track, Hans Zimmer ( Gladiator, Lion King, Batman Begins... ) and I'm sure he'll atleast keep the main themes and insert in some new ones.

DisneySam

This may have already been answered in a previous thread [sorry thread police] but when is the expected release date of DMC?

CoffeeJedi

Original Poster
imagineer boy said:
No, this will be a sequal. Barbossa and Boot Strap Bill somehow come to life in this one. Note the fact that Bill was cursed when Barbossa and his crew sunk him to the bottom of the ocean. As for Barbossa, no one knows how he comes back to life, but he will return somehow. Maybe Davy Jones ressurects him?
well, you'd think that Bill would have just been sitting at the bottom of the ocean this whole time just looking around. i'd hope that eventually he'd get out of his ropes and you know, GO somewhere, like try to find his son. Hopefully all questions will be answered

The IMDB info page lists "Stellan Skarsgård" as Bootstrap Bill Turner. But in the original, its said that Will was the exact image of his father. That guy doesn't really look like Orlando Bloom.

Also, the guy playing Davey Jones is character actor Bill Nighy who most recently showed up as Slartibartifast in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and as the stepfather in Shaun of the Dead.

CoffeeJedi

Original Poster
pat_naughty05 said:
I wonder who Cora Sparrow is... she's part of the Dead Man's Chest cast
she's played by a little girl. i'm guessing she'll be Jack's little sister in a flashback, considering the original plans to have Keith Richards play his father

Budke

imagineer boy said:

WILD SPECULATION 1: They set this up at the end of the last movie. The monkey reached into the treasure chest and removed a coin ... and then somehow moves the curse to Barbossa. Either way, there is an undead monkey on the loose (undead monkey!).

WILD SPECULATION 2: Barbossa's soul (and Boot Strap Bill's) went straight to Davey Jones when they finally died with the end of the curse. Davy Jones wants to collect everyone touched by the curse to crew the Flying Dutchman -- including Sparrow. This would set up the possiblity of Barbossa being an ally as he would also want to defeat Jones to free his soul (or at least take control of the ship).

disneygirl_wdw

This all sounds really cool and I am really excited about seeing it. We saw them filming some scenes in Dominica when I was there on a trip a few months ago. The costuming looks really good. I loved seeing the Black Pearl, looked kindof weird with an American flag on it as well as a pirate flag. The island was so small we ended up driving through the set. I wish we had more time to look around the island, didn't get to see any of the main cast, except this one pirate and extras. We did run into a lot of the behind the scenes people though. This is going to be really interesting to see how the movie turns out. Can't wait!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom