Pirates Ride music and voices in Pirates 3 movie

CThaddeus

ok i have a couple questions about a few things that happened in the movie:

if the pirate lords just used trinkets in the meeting why did the kid that got hung have that piece of eight? did it have any purpose? even beckett had pieces of eight on his table.

whos execution order did the govenor sign last? his own?

How was barbossa brought back and what was the puropse of bringing him back? Was he already back before jack fought the kracken or did tia bring him back only to find jack?

My impression was that the pieces of eight that the governor and the kid had were just regular old pieces of eight doubloons. There is a section of Wikipedia that explains this:

In Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End the Pirate lords must meet together by presenting the "Nine Pieces of Eight", since these Pieces were used to seal the goddess Calypso in her human form by the first Brethren Court. However, these are eventually revealed to be not coins, but seemingly worthless trinkets. Mr. Gibbs explains the Court wanted to use actual coins, but were all short on money at the time, and decided to keep the name "Nine Pieces of Eight" since "Nine Pieces of Whatever We Had in our Pockets" wasn't considered as catchy.

As far as Barbossa goes, I figured at the end of the first movie Barbossa would be back. After the credits they tacked on that scene with the monkey stealing a coin out of the chest. This would reinstate the curse, and my guess is that would bring back all the pirates that were "shipmates" with the monkey...all the ones that were cursed before. So, in essence, he's eternal again. Now, as to why he was necessary to bring him back into the story, I would guess it's because he might be the only one who would best know how to get to the end of the world, and because maybe Calypso knew that if she brought him into it, he might convene the other Pirate Lords and eventually release her in order to save themselves (he was necessary because he had one of the pieces of eight...though since he served with Jack before mutinying I'm not sure why he would have had one to begin with...).
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to the other questions, though.

DonaldDuck34

What were the other references to the ride? The only ones I got were:

-The audio from the ride
-The Dog with keys
-Barbossa's line just before the big drop

Anything else?

yea same with me those r the only ones i got out of the movie can anyone pm with the rest

WalmartBagger

I should really go ride the ride so I know what you guys are talking about. Although, I did hear "Dead men tell no tales" and it sounded kinda, well...off track. So maybe that's why!

Valentine

"As far as Barbossa goes, I figured at the end of the first movie Barbossa would be back. After the credits they tacked on that scene with the monkey stealing a coin out of the chest. This would reinstate the curse, and my guess is that would bring back all the pirates that were "shipmates" with the monkey...all the ones that were cursed before. So, in essence, he's eternal again. "

You've got this bit wrong. Once all the blood is returned to the chest, then the curse if effectively 'reset'. The monkey taking the coin from the chest afterwards started a new curse, affecting only the monkey (and anyone who might take a piece from the chest after the monkey). Therefore Barbossa, Pintel, Ragetti and all the other Black Pearl pirates, even Sparrow (cause he took a piece remember?) aren't cursed now, and are very much mortal. The reason it was so easy to bring Barbossa back from the dead, was because that is all he was... dead. Jack Sparrow however was kinda.. half dead. He was trapped in Davy Jones's Locker, and far harder to rescue.

"Now, as to why he was necessary to bring him back into the story, I would guess it's because he might be the only one who would best know how to get to the end of the world, and because maybe Calypso knew that if she brought him into it, he might convene the other Pirate Lords and eventually release her in order to save themselves (he was necessary because he had one of the pieces of eight...though since he served with Jack before mutinying I'm not sure why he would have had one to begin with...). "

Yes, the reason Barbossa was brought back was because he hadnt passed on his piece of eight, and was therefore needed to free Calypso. The reason he rescued Jack was just as you say - his knowledge and experience. The issue around 'Why is he a Pirate Lord when he was just Jack Sparrow's first mate' is explained in that the only reason he took that job of first mate was so he was in a good position to mutiny on Jack and get to the (cursed) treasure.

DisneyDefenders

Your questions...

ok i have a couple questions about a few things that happened in the movie:

whos execution order did the govenor sign last? his own?

Ironic that turner was killed by the sword he made

Also funny william got his first 10 year shore leave almost immediately so he could have some goodbye time with his wife

Your other questions have been answered pretty acurately.

It is never stated whos execution order he signed. That scene was there to show that he was complicit in what Becket was doing, until he realized what was really going on, hence the order to kill him. :cry:

I didn't catch on to Turner being killed by the sword he made. I'd have to watch the movie again to see how you made that connection.

I didn't catch on to Turner being killed by the sword he made. I'd have to watch the movie again to see how you made that connection.

Is it from when Norrington is killed..and Davy Jones picks up the sword and says, "nice sword"? Making that the sword Will made for Norrington in the first movie. I see the connection I think, but I'm not sure if Davy Jones is using that sword in the final battle for sure.

lpet11984

Is it from when Norrington is killed..and Davy Jones picks up the sword and says, "nice sword"? Making that the sword Will made for Norrington in the first movie. I see the connection I think, but I'm not sure if Davy Jones is using that sword in the final battle for sure.

Yup, it is....look for the gold in the handle and the rope/tassel thing hanging off of it. I noticed that after seeing it a second time this weekend. Pretty cool! :cool:

JimboJones123

Few things --

Time Bandits -- VERY NICE
Was Jacks Mom from JC?
That dog has 9 lives too?
Barbossa stole the show.
Barbossa and Jacks relationship in the 1st movie is just comical now. They musta done this power struggle for YEARS now. Did Jack first steal the Pearl from Barbossa in the trade w/Davy Jones?

meryll83

I think that it was there as a spoof and also techically it made sense because wouldn't it be weird if you were in the middle of a sand desert with a whole bunch of "you's" working on your ship?:lol: i think they added it in to make the whole atmosphere strange.

sadly i was one of the few that noticed the ride clips. :

Yup I think we were the only people that got it too, but that's cool to be geeky enough to spot it and get excited!

DonaldDuck34

Loved all the references made to the ride- just Disney Magic as always.
Did anyone actually notice where Jack was headed to at the end of the film on his Map!!!!! A certain world!!!!! or did I completly get the wrong idea!

No your right, I caught on to that right when he read the map at the end. I can't wait for him to come to that certain WORLD;)

GoofyMagic

I did hear those lines from the ride! I nudged my friends that were with me and told them "That's from the ride!!" but they didn't really say much...Guess you gotta have a good ear and appreciate as much as we all do!

DisneyCane

Nope, we saw that too. Very cool. At first I thought, are they leaving it open for another movie? Then I realized, nope, Jack was just headed home.

They are leaving it open for another movie. It hasn't been committed to yet but I would not be surprised at all to see a Summer 2009 or 2010 release of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Fountain of Youth. Depp has said that he would do another one.

Also, as far as Barbossa coming back - Remember he returned at the very end of Dead Man's Chest. Tia Dalma/Calypso said that to rescue Jack they needed a Captain who had already navigated those shores.

scottnj1966

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom