Pirates Queue Modifications

Tip Top Club

Uhm...yeah...I've been trying to beat you over the head with the positives of next-gen for the last eight pages...

Edit: That was unfair of me. Let me rephrase. I've been trying to beat EVERYONE over the head with the positives of Next-Gen for the last several months.

lazyboy97o

Uhm...yeah...I've been trying to beat you over the head with the positives of next-gen for the last eight pages...

Edit: That was unfair of me. Let me rephrase. I've been trying to beat EVERYONE over the head with the positives of Next-Gen for the last several months.
All I recall seeing is "It won't be that bad. It'll be good." Nothing much more.

Tip Top Club

Perhaps that's because every time I say something positive, someone replies with an unsubstantiated rumor, thus allowing for several pages of freaking out over nothing.....

Look closer.

doctornick

It's sounding like Fastpass+ is going to be included as part of vacation packages, won't be for AP holders, and is going to be pushed back further than they wanted to.
Define "vacation packages"... Would that be anyone staying on the resort? DVC members? Would you have to buy everything at once (room, tickets, maybe dining plan?) to get it?

Also, one thing I'm really curious about is whether you can reserve multiple parks in one day, if you plan to park hop.

jt04

^^ Really? Are you joking? Please explain what you have seen. I think Next Gen has potential, but I haven't seen it used well yet.

I think it is on damouse blog. It appears new content is going to be distributed throughout the queue. Funny thing about that is when I was a kid it always seemed to me there should be more happening as you passed through the queue. It always seemed too quiet and incomplete. As though part of the story was never installed or had been removed. Now I am sure some will say that is part of the story or the charm of the queue. But I think most will be happy with more than what existed traditionally.

IMO of course.

FrankLapidus

Funny thing about that is when I was a kid it always seemed to me there should be more happening as you passed through the queue. It always seemed too quiet and incomplete. As though part of the story was never installed or had been removed. Now I am sure some will say that is part of the story or the charm of the queue.

I think that that is definitely the case with some people, including myself, because that was the way the queue was intended. I like the quiet eerieness of the queue because I think it does add to the story told in in the ride, up until you go down the waterfall and pass the skeletal pirates on the beach with "Dead Men Tell no Tales" echoing around you. To be honest, I don't know too much about the Next-Gen plans for the POTC queue and I liked what they did with Haunted Mansion but if they were to touch Marc Davis' eternal game of chess, I would be angry.

Tip Top Club

As far as I know there aren't any plans right now to add interactive elements to the Pirates queue....can anyone with more information confirm this?

HMF

I think that that is definitely the case with some people, including myself, because that was the way the queue was intended. I like the quiet eerieness of the queue because I think it does add to the story told in in the ride, up until you go down the waterfall and pass the skeletal pirates on the beach with "Dead Men Tell no Tales" echoing around you. To be honest, I don't know too much about the Next-Gen plans for the POTC queue and I liked what they did with Haunted Mansion but if they were to touch Marc Davis' eternal game of chess, I would be angry.
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/3501/2298/1600/804072/Markquote.jpg

FrankLapidus

Maybe theme is a better word than story then; I won't dispute anything Marc Davis said, the man was a genius. My overall point is that the POTC queue is immersive, there's a consistency in it where the quietness of it carries through the caverns at the first part of the ride until you enter the battle between the pirate ship and the fort. It's the same way as the Tower of Terror, Jungle Cruise and Everest queues, among others, lend something to the ride and all create a small but effective prologue for each ride.

NoChesterHester

Other than the queue path mods have we seen any evidence of interactivity being installed? We could just be over reacting. *shock*

Also, have any of the interactive elements at Big Thunder Mountain been turned on?

Perhaps they abandoned the idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom