Pirates 3 Discussion Thread *Where You Can Talk About The Movie After You See It*

radiohost

Original Poster
Ok, I am posting this today (Tuesday) because the movie comes out in just two days!!

After you see the movie and would like to talk about the movie with fellow posters, then please do it here, that way people who havent seen the movie will avoid this thread and not have the film ruined by spoilers!!

Thanks,

Radiohost:cool:

*********WARNING SPOILERS FOLLOW**********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

radiohost

Original Poster
^^Reason I posted this early was so people will know this thread exists. After they see the movie, they will come here and post as opposed to somwhere else where possible spoilers may occur. This thread is for those who have SEEN the movie, and to discuss it without the risk of ruining its detail to other soon to be watchers.

Again, this is a spoiler thread.......

After the premiere thursday night this thread will become a free-for-all in plot detail, events, ect...

So look wisely.

Radiohost:cool:

DisneyDefenders

My Full Review

I'll post my full review on Thursday at 11 PM, since by then the first set of audiences will have already seen it.

I'm sure you will all enjoy the movie as much as I did!

catinthehat

Going to see it on Friday. I am so anxious. I have heard great things about it. Looking forward to Barbossa. And dying to know who Elizabeth chooses...

haveyoumetmark

I'm going tomorrow, if I'm not ill like today. I'm watching the first two right now. I'm at the part in The Curse of the Black Pearl where Cpt. Jack Sparrow and Will Turner have a sword fight in the craftsman shed. :)

Time to un-pause it. :D

Nicole220

I'm going tomorrow, if I'm not ill like today. I'm watching the first two right now. I'm at the part in The Curse of the Black Pearl where Cpt. Jack Sparrow and Will Turner have a sword fight in the craftsman shed. :)

Time to un-pause it. :D
We're watching the second tomorrow before we go to the 8 pm showing.

I would have liked to watch both, but stupid school and projects are keeping me from doing so. :brick: :dazzle:

Buried20KLeague

****** SPOILER ALERT!!! DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE!!! *****

Here's my take:

1. Much darker than the first two. So much so that I'm not sure I'll take my girls to see it.
2. Not enough Jack for me. Obviously it made sense though... He's mostly comic relief and while there are moments of humor throughout, this is clearly meant to be a more serious action pic.
3. Some things weren't really made clear. For example: Now that Will has take Davey Jones place, does that mean he's going to turn into the same looking creature? Is he going to stay human? Is he going to become ruthless, or is "davey jones" not someone to be feared anymore?
4. There were a few slow spots that could have been trimmed.

Overall, I liked the movie... Better than the second one, not as good as the first. I think word of mouth will spread quickly that it's not the best movie for kids though, and I think second week ticket sales will suffer because of it.

DisneyDefenders

Privledge Comes With Responsibility

****** SPOILER ALERT!!! DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE!!! *****

Here's my take:

1. Much darker than the first two. So much so that I'm not sure I'll take my girls to see it.
2. Not enough Jack for me. Obviously it made sense though... He's mostly comic relief and while there are moments of humor throughout, this is clearly meant to be a more serious action pic.
3. Some things weren't really made clear. For example: Now that Will has take Davey Jones place, does that mean he's going to turn into the same looking creature? Is he going to stay human? Is he going to become ruthless, or is "davey jones" not someone to be feared anymore?
4. There were a few slow spots that could have been trimmed.

Overall, I liked the movie... Better than the second one, not as good as the first. I think word of mouth will spread quickly that it's not the best movie for kids though, and I think second week ticket sales will suffer because of it.

Whoever got you into a screening should re-think their trust next time.

Disney has made it VERY clear to not reveal any plot twists until the movie officially opens tonight.

I won't go further into detail, but to answer your question, watch "At World's End Again" and you'll see that Davy Jones was not always the monster we met in "Dead Man's Chest."

Buried20KLeague

Whoever got you into a screening should re-think their trust next time.

Disney has made it VERY clear to not reveal any plot twists until the movie officially opens tonight.

I won't go further into detail, but to answer your question, watch "At World's End Again" and you'll see that Davy Jones was not always the monster we met in "Dead Man's Chest."

I was at the world premier in Disneyland, and at no point did anyone say anything about not revealing plot lines, etc... Nor did the paperwork I received say anything about that.

And I posted in a thread clearly marked for spoilers, that I didn't start.

AND I reminded people at the beginning of the post there were spoilers.

AND I waited till the day it comes out (and it's already being shown overseas) to make any comments on it. :wave:

I realize what you're saying about Davey Jones, etc... I just thought that overall the common person could leave that movie with a good amount of questions over what they had just seen.

Wilt Dasney

I'd say posting spoilers in a post marked spoilers after seeing an official premiere on Disney property is pretty well in bounds. :shrug:

DONALDisMYhero

I just got back from the 8 PM eastern viewing. I must say, this is possibly my favorite of the triology. Walking into the theatre, I didn't expect anything that great. At times, there were scenes that just seemed a bit weird. Overall though, it kept me on the edge of my seat with my jaw open. It was magnificent, I just pictured the end so differently, and it was bummer to me, but still great. If you want to know spoilers, just say so.:)

dxwwf3

Just got back as well, and all I can say is Wow. I was almost constantly confused, but it didn't matter one bit. I think this is quite possibly the best of the 3 movies simply because of the action sequecnes. They are some of the best I've ever seen. I will have to watch this a couple more times to completely understand everything that is going on (just like the first two movies and with the aid of subtitles as well), but I think it's fairly easy to get the main gist of the film and it's one heck of a ride. Just like King Kong of 2005 (one of my all time favorite films) this movie just flies by in my opinion, even at almost 3 hours. It is so constantly entertaining that it never dragged for me at all. And I must say that the last 45 minutes might be the "coolest" I've ever seen on the big screen and that's saying a lot. If there aren't some Oscars won on this film, there is something seriously wrong. Of course, I'm not talking about the acting or for Best Picture, but the special effects guys have raised the bar to a whole new level.

Can't wait to see it again.

SirNim

Yeah, I didn't see that ending coming.... :lookaroun

One thing that did strike me was the blatent opening for a possible fourth or even fifth installment. Things were settled, relatively speaking of course, yet it seems that should enough money, and postive public sentiment, result from AWE we could see more movies ad infinitum... Then again, you don't want to have a situation akin to Walt's own "you can't top pigs with pigs!" dilemma...

diddy_mouse

**YE BE WARNED, WE'VE GOT SPOILERS AHEAD!**

**keep your ruddy arms inside the boat at all time...dead men tell no tales*

Alrighty....Just got back from an 8:25 est show and I really, really enjoyed it!

Yes, this one was much darker than the previous two but I think it helped set the mood for the film. The times in the world were changing and you had sinister characters like Lord Beckett, which, in turn, allows dark things to happen. The opening scene at the gallows is one prime example.

To me there was an equal balance between Jack, Will, and Elizabeth. All of these characters evolved from the previous two movies. Especially in Elizabeth's case. Seeing her become a captain then the Pirate King was pretty cool. Now, Jack's character was downplayed just a bit but it still fit into the overall story quite well. I know the two 13 yr old girls behind me were about to have a heartattack waiting to see our beloved Captain. But I digress...

One of my favorite moments was when the Pearl is going down the waterfall into Davy Jones' Locker and the picture goes black. Then your hear sounds from the PotC attraction!! I almost died! :ROFLOL: Sadly, I don't think many people in the theater I was in got that reference.

In summary, it was a wonderful way to end the trilogy....it was much longer than the previous two....stay tuned after the credits....and I am definitely going to see it again! :sohappy:

SirNim

One of my favorite moments was when the Pearl is going down the waterfall into Davy Jones' Locker and the picture goes black. Then your hear sounds from the PotC attraction!! I almost died! :ROFLOL: Sadly, I don't think many people in the theater I was in got that reference.
Agreed, that was absolutely hilarious! It seemed so out of place, so random! The audio was DIRECT from the attraction! lol It wasn't like Depp or any of the actors recorded lines from the attraction. It was the attraction! I was laughing so hard... lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom