Phase Closures on Dec. 30?

jaygatsby

How typical are phase closures for Magic Kingsom on Dec. 30? I know they are pretty unavoidable on New Year's Eve, but how often do they occur the day before that? Which one do they typically reach and do they ever stop resort guests from entering? (I know the fourth one stops everyone including resort guests but seeing as it's extremely rare I doubt it will happen this year)

nickys

Premium Member
Last year, on NYE I think MK may have reached phase 1. Certainly the parking lot filled and they redirected cars to Epcot, but continued to allow people to return to MK using the monorail. However, traffic was backed right back to beyond the WDW sign by early afternoon and it was gridlock until evening at least. Resort guests were stuck too, DH failed to get back to Contemporary at 2pm and diverted to Disney Springs. We came back via FW at about 7:30 and were able to slip through as they had coned off a lane.

I would strongly suggest using Disney transport, at least you'll get there. But you should be OK to get in. I remember being very worried about getting into parks for dinner in general that week, but had no problems at all.

Upvote 0

IanDLBZF

On NYE, MK will ALMOST CERTAINLY reach a phase closing at some point. 12/30, it's happened, not that it will, but it's happened before.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom