Phantom Manor UT2K4

duhastmich17

Original Poster
Hey,

I decided to make Phantom Manor for Unreal Tournament 2004 (UT2K4) because the SoF2 version just wasn't good enough IMO. UT2K4 has much more features that I can use for a perfect recreation of this ride. Also, this game has beautifull graphics!

I am going to make 2 versions. There will be a version that you can play in, pick up weapons, health, ammo, etc and after that map is finsihed I am going to recreate the whole ride with all the effects (as far as possible) with no weapons to walk around in and experience the ride just like you do in DLRP.

Here are some screens of my work so far:

foyer_01.jpg

stretch_01.jpg

stretch_02.jpg

stretch_03.jpg

I hope that you guys like it and, I will keep you updated when I have something new to show you.

Greetz,

Frank

duhastmich17

Original Poster
Here a small update so that you all know about the progress that I make.

Right now I am very busy with designing The Portrait Hall. The hall is finished for about 30% right now. I still mis most of the proper wood & carpet textures but that is something to worrie about later.

Right now I have the 4 morphing paingings in the hall and they really morph just like the real ones. I have made a screenshot to show the effect but I will make a movie of it later this week. The only thing missing on the paintings are the frames ofcourse. I am going to make those also later this week.

Here are the screenshots of The Portrait Hall so far:

portrait01.jpg

portrait02.jpg

portrait03.jpg

portrait04.jpg

Also I would like to thank Tom or Norman for the perfect recreation of the wallpaper that you see on the screenshots. Tom said that he is going to help me with more game textures in the future and, I couldn't be more happyer with that :D.

Thank you Tom!

cherrynegra

Frank, my God!! That was excellent!! Good job, buddy!! Definitely keep us up to date on your creation. So far it's looking absolutely beautiful.:sohappy:

duhastmich17

Original Poster
Here are some more screenshots of my Portrait Hall. Me and Devion made ALOT of textures this evening and I think the result is great!

Thanks Devion for putting all that effort in making the textures. I see you when I'm going to construct the Grand Staircase ;).

portrait05.jpg

portrait06.jpg

portrait07.jpg

portrait08.jpg

portrait09.jpg

portrait10.jpg

portrait11.jpg

Frank

duhastmich17

Original Poster
The project is going fine. I will go to Disneyland Resort Paris next month for 5 whole days and, I'm going to shoot the textures that I am missing. When I have these, I can continue.

duhastmich17

Original Poster
Last night I finnaly found time, to continue with my virtual ride :D. It's not a big update but, right now I'm working on the corner at the Brides Portrait.

When I worked on this part, I found out that one vertex was on the wrong place. Thanks to that, it took me 2 hours to fix the whole hall but, everything is in place now.

Expect more "small" updates the next days. The big updates will come when I am back from Disneyland Resort Paris next month with 256 mb of new home made textures :).

portrait13.JPG

portrait12.jpg

Frank

duhastmich17

Original Poster
portrait14.jpg

Here you can see the first model in the level made by Jared. It is not yet skinned but this was just a test to see if it worked out and, I think it did 8).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom