Peter Pan's Flight

Angelinavs2001

Original Poster
I cannot be the only one out there who doesn't like PPF ( Peter Pan's Flight) at all. I understand it may be a favorite for children, but personally, I don't like it. Did anybody else experience at the end of the ride, my boat crashed into the wall when we were making that last curve / turn it get off of the ride! Anyways, comment your thoughts on this ride.

cw1982

All I can say is I can't wait to ride it for the first time in 13 years! It may be one of those things that is better in memory than in actuality (many things are, in my experience), but I think that's why it remains so popular: people have fond memories of it from their childhood, and they love the idea of being able to share it with their kids because it was so special to them when they were young.

T-BoneMickeyFan

One
All I can say is I can't wait to ride it for the first time in 13 years! It may be one of those things that is better in memory than in actuality (many things are, in my experience), but I think that's why it remains so popular: people have fond memories of it from their childhood, and they love the idea of being able to share it with their kids because it was so special to them when they were young.
of my favorite rides

belledream

I would prefer to get it in at least once per trip, but I would never wait for it. I don't even think I would use a FP+ for it. Walk on in the morning, enjoy the novelty (flying over London!), be happy, and I'm done with it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I enjoy the ride but wait the wait for it. We either ride it first thing or fast pass it. Is anything going on with the queue yet? I thought they were going to enhance it when they closed the bathrooms next to it.

plaz10

I don't think it's anything special. It's a nice little ride, but I'll only go if we have a FP. I wouldn't bother queuing for 90+ minutes or anything.
I like the novelty of being in a flying ship though, that's pretty cool. And I like the part over London. Very cleverly done.

I agree with this 100%. It's a nice ride but I'd never wait in a long line for it. I think the way the ride works is impressive as there aren't others like it. Indeed it is cleverly done.

But the ride is a little over a minute and always has a crazy long wait. FP or bust!

Bairstow

I like the ride a lot. The sets are charming and the ride vehicles are unique. Of all the original Disneyland attractions, this one is the most impressive and I'm glad they ported it over.

The downside of its being such an artifact is that while it's badly outdated and has horrible capacity and the lamest queue on property, they can't really change much without losing the character of the ride. Also, the world of Neverland has so much potential it's a bit of a shame to see it tied up in such a small scale attraction.

DisneyJunkie

Love everything about the movie, and the ride does a wonderful job of recreating it. Despite it's age, still a must-do. Although I do have to admit I'd love to see what today's Imagineers would do as far as a Peter Pan ride is concerned.

I do agree that the sets and figures are extremely dated, but PPF happens to be one of my favorite rides in the park (simply because I love the story and characters of Peter Pan). It really does need a major refurb, though, because there's a fine line between charming and outdated. Also, the queue is probably the worst on property.

PrincessNelly_NJ

We fp+ it and I rode it for the first time two weeks ago... both DFi and I were pretty much in agreement that it was a one and done. DFi couldn't believe that people actually wait more than 15 minutes for it.
:confused: *shrugs*
We have no emotional attachment to it, so maybe that's why. It is cute but I have no desire to wait in line or waste a fastpass on it again.

rufio

I love this ride! I went on it for the first time in 2009 and I always make a point to ride at least a few times every trip. To me, this ride is magic. I love soaring over London! That being said, I rarely ride without a FP.

HDS

I like PPF better then the little mermaid. It has a charm, the charm of the movie. Something a lot of rides don't have or lost. for me it's a ride that Welcomes me to my vacation. It is the first ride I hit arriving and the last one when I leave.

MerlinTheGoat

I like the ride and wouldn't want to see it lost but it's about 30 years late for a massive overhaul to bring it up to date with modern standards of these kinds of rides. Hell i'd argue even longer outdated than that, I feel it's lacking even for 1970's tech. MK's version should have been upgraded alongside the Disneyland Fantasyland makeover of 1983, or at least around the same time. Anyone who has ridden the Disneyland or Disneyland Paris version of the ride will know what I mean by that. On top of that, rumors are that along with Alice's current major refurbishment, DL's other Fantasyland rides including Peter Pan will be getting even further tech upgrades over their 80s overhaul for the 60th anniversary (the queen in Alice is rumored to be getting a new animatronic similar to the ones in the Dwarf Mine Train so the other DL Fantasyland rides may also be getting similar upgrades). High time the Magic Kingdom version got some attention like that. Sadly that is unlikely given that they've no real reason to do anything of the sort, but it definitely needs it no matter how popular it is.

Again I think the ride has its charms and all, but its age has become an incredibly difficult to ignore distraction that needs major addressing (that distraction is only going to compound exponentially the longer it's allowed to remain as-is in the future). MK's version of the ride needs to be brought up to par at LEAST with CA's and Paris' version if not well past them. Or better yet- up to the standards set by ET (Universal) and beyond. They could make this one hell of a great ride if they put the money, time and effort into a proper overhaul and got the right people involved.

Supposedly Shanghai Disneyland is going to be getting Peter Pan's Flight from leaked lists of rides online. I'm interested to know what it's going to be like. Whether it's going to be something derived from one of the other Disney parks using older tech, or whether they're going to take the opportunity to upgrade it to something newer and better.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom