Peter Pan Segment To Return To Disneyland's Fantasmic

Mikomike12

Original Poster
as mentioned in another thread, I really do wonder if the Flying Carpet segment will still be there? Used the same elevator as the dragon. I can see the princess segment being reverted back, I do really like the flying carpet segment though. Would be a shame IMO
Exciting news! I have a general feeling a lot of this “rework” will be reverting back to parts of the original show.

I wonder if the crocodile is returning as well?

Nland316

as mentioned in another thread, I really do wonder if the Flying Carpet segment will still be there? Used the same elevator as the dragon. I can see the princess segment being reverted back, I do really like the flying carpet segment though. Would be a shame IMO
I believe it was rumored that the flying carpet infrastructure was damaged alongside the dragon wasn’t it? I could be totally wrong though.

I didn’t mind the segment, but felt like the mechanism’s execution was a bit of a letdown compared to what it could’ve been.

PiratesMansion

I don't like Peter Pan or the POTC film franchise, but at least the Peter Pan version of the sequence was much cleaner and more coherent on a visual level. And anything that removes a little more film-specific POTC from the parks is, IMO, a good thing.

Hopefully they resist the temptation to muddy it up with projections and other needless tech this time around.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Never watched the Pirates version of the show - the Peter Pan version was perfection. Glad to hear it's returning!

Kind of funny how this is following the Tiki Room (Under New Management) trajectory - classic original show updated to less popular "modern" version, animatronic catches fire, classic version restored...

Phroobar

Never watched the Pirates version of the show - the Peter Pan version was perfection. Glad to hear it's returning!

Kind of funny how this is following the Tiki Room (Under New Management) trajectory - classic original show updated to less popular "modern" version, animatronic catches fire, classic version restored...
Does that mean we get the head on the stick for a dragon?

Rich T

As wonderful as Fantasmic can be, I’d actually prefer it if they eliminated the show completely and just went back to beautiful, peaceful, crowd-free evenings of live music, riverside strolls and moonlight rides on the Mark Twain.

That, or make the following changes to the show:

1) Jiminy Cricket takes over at one point and sings “I’m no fool” to a montage of footage of guests getting into fist fights, streaking, climbing out of boats, etc. and he ends by crumpling the film reel into a tiny golf ball and using his umbrella as a golf club to chip it neatly into a flaming toilet.

2) Audioanimatronic Osmond Brothers circa 1968 rise out of the stage to peform their unique version of “This Land is Your Land,” and are joined midway through by Powerline.

3) The finale is reworked into a live-onstage recreation of House of Mouse and everybody does the Humphrey Hop.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Requesting someone put this into an art generator!
OIG.LRfEvTD2Sg3vLuKHsCOg

OIG.0dhPr0.xcEHR05Tt4DwC

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom