Peter Pan queue? Did construction start yet?

phi2134

So my question is, does Disney usually have all these delays when doing projects such as this? From watching this site it has seemed like 75% of the projects have at least some sort of delay when they are being started. And what is the cause of the delays too? Is it Next-Gen or just typical project mismanagement?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So my question is, does Disney usually have all these delays when doing projects such as this? From watching this site it has seemed like 75% of the projects have at least some sort of delay when they are being started. And what is the cause of the delays too? Is it Next-Gen or just typical project mismanagement?
First and foremost, we have no conformation that this project has ever been green lit. It has been rumored, but nothing official has every been released.

dman1373

Original Poster
what im wondering is if the rides line will start where it normally does across from iasw or if it will start where the bathrooms are, because i would actually prefer the latter. Because even though peter pan takes place in England, they could make the outside of the ride complement liberty square buildings. But it will still be in fantasyland so it will be a great way to transition from fantasyland to liberty square.

Sped2424

what im wondering is if the rides line will start where it normally does across from iasw or if it will start where the bathrooms are, because i would actually prefer the latter. Because even though peter pan takes place in England, they could make the outside of the ride complement liberty square buildings. But it will still be in fantasyland so it will be a great way to transition from fantasyland to liberty square.
I think it would be smarter to make it start from where the old restrooms used to be it would help with the congestion of that area if they moved all the traffic more towards that area.

Kirk88

Someone brought up IASW earlier. I thought they were supposed to revamp the outside facade to blend with Tangled and the FLE walls? As far as what everyone else has said, I agree that PPF's queue is in desperate need of a revamp. However, there's something about the 'lo-tech' effects in the ride that I don't want to see disappear. A good clean up, yes! The 'classic-ness' (did I just invent a new word?) is what I think makes the ride a big draw...that and the fact that Peter Pan is AWESOME! lol

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Someone brought up IASW earlier. I thought they were supposed to revamp the outside facade to blend with Tangled and the FLE walls? As far as what everyone else has said, I agree that PPF's queue is in desperate need of a revamp. However, there's something about the 'lo-tech' effects in the ride that I don't want to see disappear. A good clean up, yes! The 'classic-ness' (did I just invent a new word?) is what I think makes the ride a big draw...that and the fact that Peter Pan is AWESOME! lol
Like the PP queue, updating the facades in FL to match the work seen on Mermaid and the Tangled bathrooms has been talked about, but has never been confirmed.

JungleTrekFan

Don't worry...Seaworld built Antarctica and Universal will have Transformers, Springfield and the Potter expansion finished in the time it takes Disney to complete this project along with the rest of the ongoing New Fantasyland projects.
Mean while the Grand’s DVC is working on facade work already and Universal is still looking into how one builds a roof, for their new resort. You win some, you lose some. Either way I’m excited for every new addition in Central Florida.

Edit; It might also be fun to note that Disney nor Universal nor Seaworld actually build their own attractions, new areas, etc. Blame Barton Malow for being slow on FLE lol

Rob562

Well I think that once you close down the ride, you have to make it ADA compliant. It was grandfathered in but once they have the opportunity to fix it they have to.

It has nothing to do with closing the ride for a refurb, which has happened before, as long as they only work with the scenery. It's the ride system that they can't make any real changes to in order to stay being grandfathered in. If they change the ride system (like replacing the track to make it stronger and able to handle two-row pirate ships), they have to make it handicap accessible, too.

-Rob

JungleTrekFan

That's because Disney looks at DVC as their cash cow.
Because it is. All resorts are, so why is Universal taking its sweet time? Someone must have not sent them the memo.
How about the fact that Disney has to nickel and dime all the subcontractors doing the actual work...and that comes straight from the mouth of family members of mine involved on that end.
I believe the bidding process and/or trying to build something for as cheap as possible is the motto of every business and government known to man.
But the fact that they can get some truly beautiful and detailed themed areas out of such “nickel and dime”-ing process is quite impressive.

Epicpilot

I agree I think once the mine train opens TDO should shut down PPF and IASW and give them refurbs they both really need New facade buildings would be nice as well.
Why shut down IASW? It's simple, has low operating costs, and it will just be an annoyance to those visiting MK.

Sped2424

Why shut down IASW? It's simple, has low operating costs, and it will just be an annoyance to those visiting MK.
It would be a temporary refurb and if they planned it during the low season no harm no foul. I don't know if you have been on the ride lately but it definitely needs some TLC I wouldn't mind being annoyed for a month so long as I knew that when it opened back up it would be in pristine condition. Plus the draw of a completed new fantasyland would make up for those two attractions taking a little bit of down time.

Sped2424

Looks like the peter pan refurb got pushed back a little and was extended by a couple weeks sounds like that que is gonna happen, wonder what they are going to do with it!

matt9112

Like the PP queue, updating the facades in FL to match the work seen on Mermaid and the Tangled bathrooms has been talked about, but has never been confirmed.

isnt something like this a drop in the bucket so to speak cost wise? ...very much needed...old FL areas look...cartoony...but we want real...if i leave the castle walls i want to fend off bears...ok maybe not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom