Pay rate for characters

draybook

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me the pay rate for characters? I know the height requirements, but couldn't find pay information. Thanks!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
after a little research it appears that there is no simple answer...it all depends upon what you are doing and how long you have been doing it.

Anywhere from 8 - 14 dollars per hour.

SyracuseOrange

"New hire performers now receive $12.40 per hour when performing in Character look-alike roles." (face characters)

From DisneyAuditions.com

draybook

Original Poster
Sorry, I didn't mean face(look-a-like) characters. I meant fur characters. My wife and I are interested, and could possibly be moving down to either the Tampa area or Orlando area, and a part time job at Disney would be interesting. I'm 5'11", but don't look like any character, so I know I'd be in fur if offered a role. My wife is 5'2" but also doesn't look like any character. Perhaps she could get a parade role or something, she has cheer/tumble/gym experience. Anyways, it was just something we were wondering.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
From what I gather face characters only make $1.00 more per hour than fur....

So...it's pretty much a minimum wage gig.

draybook

Original Poster
Bummer, but good to know. Guess I'd just be better off doing some other menial job then. That or hurry up and get my degree in IT related stuff. I love computers so that would be great.

AngieYaz

So you mean to tell me that, say, Peter Pan, Wendy, Mary Poppins and Alice get paid to meet their movies' creator's guests? =O

As a little girl, I never knew this!!! Simply because I never knew about the concept of overhead at the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom