Passholders Ride Shotgun for Free

fillerup

Original Poster
I searched, didn't see anything.

From the O'Sentinel and an email yesterday evening:

Passholders can ride shotgun for free at Walt Disney World Speedway

Passholders can ride shotgun for free at Walt Disney World Speedway

A Mom and The Mouse, Featured, Kristin Ford — By Kristin Ford on January 8, 2010 at 12:03 am

Fans of stock-car racing can get behind the wheel or ride shotgun at Walt Disney World Speedway. (Walt Disney World photo)

Passholders, here’s a pretty sweet deal if you’re into NASCAR. Stop by Walt Disney World Speedway — it’s situated right in front of Magic Kingdom — and you can do a Ride Along from Richard Petty Driving Experience for free. This program normally costs more than $100 per person.

Show your Disney pass and you’ll get to ride shotgun for three mile-long laps in a NASCAR-style race car reaching speeds up to 140 mph with a professional driving instructor. This offer is good through March 31.

You must be at least 14 years old to ride, and participants younger than 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Free ride-alongs are limited to one per passholder for the three-month promotion.

While at the track, passholders can enter to win an 18-lap King’s Driving Experience valued at $919.04 and Richard Petty-signed diecast car. Monthly winners also will be drawn to win an 8-lap Rookie Driving Experience, valued at $486.04. These contests are open to passholders 18 and older with valid drivers licenses.

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010...otgun-for-free-at-walt-disney-world-speedway/

wild01ride

At first, I thought it was going to be with the people who paid to drive. :eek:

Now that would be a thrilling experience...

"Hop in y'all. The fella back there said he put some 'special tires' on this here car...I'm fixin' to see what she can do..."
:lol:

MousDad

Now that would be a thrilling experience...

"Hop in y'all. The fella back there said he put some 'special tires' on this here car...I'm fixin' to see what she can do..."
:lol:

CM: "Thanks for participating in the passholder free ride program, Mr. Johnson. You will be riding today with Mr. Cletus Bojangle from Biloxi, Mississippi. Enjoy your ride."

disclaimer: No offense to you fine folks from Biloxi intended.

roylr

How do you get to the speedway in the first place if you don't have a vehicle in WDW ? There is no Disney transportation to there is there ? :confused:

Tom

Beta Return
yeeeha riding in a car in circles for free!

It really is a fun experience. I don't even like Nascar, but I did the Richard Petty Ride-Along when it came to the Indy Motor Speedway last year. Very fun. Kind of like Test Track only on a MUCH grander scale and for 10 minutes.

RSoxNo1

It really is a fun experience. I don't even like Nascar, but I did the Richard Petty Ride-Along when it came to the Indy Motor Speedway last year. Very fun. Kind of like Test Track only on a MUCH grander scale and for 10 minutes.

Are their size limitations for the ride along? I assume you have to be able to go in through the window?

KevinYee

Count me among those highly interested in the offer. Might indicate the Speedway was under-utilized previously and they now want to build interest (in the hopes for repeat business, or word of mouth business), but there comes a time when analysis has to take a back seat to sheer thrill. In other words, I'll take them up on the offer first and only then think about picking it apart to death :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom