Pre-Trip Party of TEN Birthday-palooza PTR

I wasn't going to do a PTR. It almost feels too late to begin a PTR, but this trip is a pretty big deal, so here we go!

Who: Party of 10! :) :)
Me, I'm Ali (sounds like alley) my husband Jim, our kids (Gwen 8 & Ethan 6) my husband's parents, and his sister, and her husband AND their daughters (11 & 5)

What: Our very first vacation all together (big deal)

Where: Off-site vacation home :-(
I can't lie, I'm a little bummed about this, but my MIL is renting the house for all of us, and there's s private pool...maybe I'm not so bummed after all ;-)

When: July 20th-28th

Why: Birthday-palooza!!!
My MIL is turning 70 and WDW is where she wants to celebrate! (VERY big deal!) My SIL is also celebrating her birthday on this trip, but that's more of a coincidence :) (just kidding, birthdays are ALWAYS a big deal)

106 days to go!

Last edited:

MerMom1981

Original Poster
10-days-until-we-go-to-disney-world.png

Oh my gosh you guys!
It doesn't seem real!

MegRuss626

I never thought we'd be "that family" but did I mention it's my MIL's 70th Birthday trip? And that she isn't asking for much?
View attachment 139027
Matching family shirts you guys. That's what Birthday Girl wants, and that's what she's going to get!
Probably not in blue though. I'm thinking red :)

88 days to go!

Super jealous your Birthday-Palooza trip is coming way quicker than ours (September)!! Ours is the year of big birthdays trip! MIL turned 60 in February, my husband turns 30 the end of August, I turn 30 the middle of September, our nephew turns 1 a few days later, and then 4 days after that we leave for Disney to celebrate!

Where did you find these shirts? My MIL has mentioned wanting shirts so I'm in the market as well! lol

MerMom1981

Original Poster
Super jealous your Birthday-Palooza trip is coming way quicker than ours (September)!! Ours is the year of big birthdays trip! MIL turned 60 in February, my husband turns 30 the end of August, I turn 30 the middle of September, our nephew turns 1 a few days later, and then 4 days after that we leave for Disney to celebrate!

Where did you find these shirts? My MIL has mentioned wanting shirts so I'm in the market as well! lol

Wow! That's a lot of landmark birthdays! Once summer vacation is over, it'll be time to pack your bags!

I found the shirts on Etsy. They have them in child sizes and baby onesies too!

MerMom1981

Original Poster
download.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I've checked and double checked ADR's & FP's. Bought Memory Maker & linked to family members.
Packing lists are done. Packing would normally be done, but it's been in the 90's and humid for the past week, so we're wearing our vacation wardrobe :)

Does anyone else get excited about travel size toiletries? Buying those this weekend!

Last edited:

WDWDarling

View attachment 151013
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I've checked and double checked ADR's & FP's. Bought Memory Maker & linked to family members.
Packing lists are done. Packing would normally be done, but it's been in the 90's and humid for the past week, so we're wearing our vacation wardrobe :)

Does anyone else get excited about travel size toiletries? Buying those this weekend!

YES!!! Something about miniature sized things just makes me happy :). I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Looks like I'm just going to miss you. DH and I will be in WDW Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully the crowds stay somewhat light!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip!!!

MerMom1981

Original Poster
YES!!! Something about miniature sized things just makes me happy :). I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Looks like I'm just going to miss you. DH and I will be in WDW Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully the crowds stay somewhat light!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip!!!

Thanks!
I hope you have an awesome 2 days! I think we have the same FP+ for our Epcot days.:) SSE, Nemo & Frozen.

LisaBelle

Your trip is soooo close now! I too love travel size toiletries! Packing definitely makes the trip feel real. Have a magical time. Can't wait to read all about it.

MerMom1981

Original Poster
Made my Target run for tiny toiletries today!
I couldn't resist swinging by the girls department and found this for Gwen!
IMG_20160717_151314.jpg

Now, laundry!
Yes, I even get excited about pre-trip laundry! ;);) Knowing everything is going straight into a suitcase changes the experience!

3 days to go!!!!!

Last edited:

MerMom1981

Original Poster
Your trip is soooo close now! I too love travel size toiletries! Packing definitely makes the trip feel real. Have a magical time. Can't wait to read all about it.

I know!!!!!!
I can hardly think about anything else! It's a real affliction! ;)
Packing and laundry all day never sounded so fun!
Can't wait to share my TR, although that will mean I'm home, and that my trip is over, and I won't be back for two years! :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom