Part Time Cast Members

Bri

Original Poster
My husband just accepted a position as a part time cast member in Magic Kingdom for food carts/stands. His recruiter said since he has open availability he should be fine with picking up hours, does anyone know typically how many hours part time receives and if he can pick up shifts easily? Or is it possible before training to see if he can switch to full time?

Thanks

Bri

Original Poster
I don't think it will be hard to pick up extra hours (as QSFB can work in all 4 parks, resorts, DTD, and the water parks)

Do you know what the cap is? I heard its 24 hours, does that mean if he is scheduled 10 for one week he can only pick up 24 more?

joanna71985

After a certain period of time, if capped PT will only be scheduled 24 hours a week (I'm just not sure how many weeks before that happens). But if not capped, you can work more then 24 hours in a week

Redjpang

Is that for all PT CM? I have an onboarding appointment for Bus Driving 3 days a week. Does that mean I will only be able to work 3 days a week or can I get extra hours any time?

Dasnowz

yes the cap is for all pt cm. in the beginning you can work a lot of hours but once the cap is reached you are cut off. they will actually cut your hours back until you level out. also be aware 3 days a week is NOT guaranteed 3 days. you many work one you may work none some times of the year. Sept. and Jan are slow seasons. Right now many pt cm are only getting 6 hours a week.

Dasnowz

I heard the cap is over a few months like either 4 or 6. I am off for 5 days starting now so I am going to be absent for a bit. Ironically we are spending 3 days in the parks playing :)

KatMaria

you have to work more than 24 hours a week over a 52 week work period. i know this because i was on the verge of getting capped so i cut back haha

Redjpang

you have to work more than 24 hours a week over a 52 week work period. i know this because i was on the verge of getting capped so i cut back haha

So KatMaria,
1) They do not cap you until you have completed 1 year. (52 Weeks)
2) You have to average over 24 hours per week...IE Week 1- 36 Hours Week 2- 20 Hours Week 3 - 42 Hours ETC, Etc. They would cap me They would Cap me at 36 Hours????

KatMaria

So KatMaria,
1) They do not cap you until you have completed 1 year. (52 Weeks)
2) You have to average over 24 hours per week...IE Week 1- 36 Hours Week 2- 20 Hours Week 3 - 42 Hours ETC, Etc. They would cap me They would Cap me at 36 Hours????
It is a very confusing system but if you work say 2 weeks out of 10 weeks more than 24 hours, you won't get capped. You have to work every week over 24 hours to get capped, they let you get away with it for about a year before they cap you totally. I hope that helps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom