Parks music question during holidays.

pigglewiggle

Original Poster
If we travel to WDW during December, do all the parks play only Christmas music?

Will we not be able to hear the New Epcot music?

Tom Morrow

Yes! The parks completely overkill the Christmas music. It's fine at the park entrances. Otherwise it is ruining the intended theme of the areas. Anyone who vacations in Orlando from mid November through the first week of January will endure a nauseating amount of Christmas music.

Cmdr_Crimson

During my 2016 trip I was in Epcot during the mid day I went Innoventions West to relax in the hallway. During the time I was sitting there hearing the best loop ever..It slowly faded and became quiet for a minute or two...Only to hear " Sleigh Ride" Start playing...

pigglewiggle

Original Poster
In World Showcase, are the holiday songs specific to each country? Or just a generic Christmas loop?
This isn't really a big deal, would not stop me from booking us a holiday trip. I would imagine the Animal Kingdom holiday music would be fun.

Chef Mickey

Not going to argue but Halloween starts in August at WDW
I'll say something else controversial. All other Holidays besides Xmas should be a "1 day thing" unless they are historically longer, like Easter, but should still have only 1-2 "main days."

The only reason for lengthening the "Holiday Season" is for money. I'm fine with that, but it has literally ruined the holidays in general. It's just so tired. We have probably 60 days/year now where we are bombarded with all kinds of holidays and "celebrations" of traditional and non-traditionally American holidays all over the place.

By the time you go to Disney, you just want to enjoy the "Disney" and get away from that stuff we get everywhere else. Just give me the Tomorrowland and Adventureland Mix at all times besides maybe Xmas day.

castlecake2.0

If we travel to WDW during December, do all the parks play only Christmas music?

Will we not be able to hear the New Epcot music?
In World Showcase, are the holiday songs specific to each country? Or just a generic Christmas loop?
This isn't really a big deal, would not stop me from booking us a holiday trip. I would imagine the Animal Kingdom holiday music would be fun.
For Epcot they usually play Christmas music in the following areas. It’s all the same loop:
Main Entrance, International Gateway, World Showcase Plaza, Canada, United Kingdom, and possibly American Adventure( can’t remember that one for sure). The rest of the areas should be the usual loops.

I think DAK is just the main entrance, Discovery Island, and parts of Dinoalnd, I’m pretty sure the rest of the park keeps the usual loops.

BasiltheBatLord

I'll say something else controversial. All other Holidays besides Xmas should be a "1 day thing" unless they are historically longer, like Easter, but should still have only 1-2 "main days."

The only reason for lengthening the "Holiday Season" is for money. I'm fine with that, but it has literally ruined the holidays in general. It's just so tired. We have probably 60 days/year now where we are bombarded with all kinds of holidays and "celebrations" of traditional and non-traditionally American holidays all over the place.

By the time you go to Disney, you just want to enjoy the "Disney" and get away from that stuff we get everywhere else. Just give me the Tomorrowland and Adventureland Mix at all times besides maybe Xmas day.
They really feel like they got longer every year. Not just at Disney, but everywhere. Halloween starts in August now, it's ridiculous.

DisneyFanatic12

The Christmas season definitely lasts a while, but I do find it interesting. Few people seem to claim that the Halloween season is too long, in fact, I usually find about an equal number of proponents for lengthening and shortening Halloween (I even know someone who wants Halloween to begin right after July 4th). I will say though, at this point, Halloween and fall/autumn have become almost fully blended together. Additionally, Halloween decorations are often far tamer than their Christmas counterparts. I like the length of Christmas now, but wouldn't necessarily want it to last any longer than it does now.

pigglewiggle

Original Poster
For Epcot they usually play Christmas music in the following areas. It’s all the same loop:
Main Entrance, International Gateway, World Showcase Plaza, Canada, United Kingdom, and possibly American Adventure( can’t remember that one for sure). The rest of the areas should be the usual loops.

I think DAK is just the main entrance, Discovery Island, and parts of Dinoalnd, I’m pretty sure the rest of the park keeps the usual loops.

Great information, thank you so much!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Agreed. Disney has such good music and ambiance, I don't think we need 100% Christmas everywhere all the time for 6-8 weeks. We get it enough outside of Disney.

I'm gonna say something controversial. Christmas has became way too long.
They play Christmas music basically from 11/1 to 1/2

In line with most of the western world for many years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom