Parking, transfering resort, and a bit of a surprise thrown in

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all,

So here is the background: my DH and I are planning on a 2 day 1 night resort only stay at Beach Club next week. Everything is booked, planned and we are heading to see my parents today. Well, the surprise. Two nights ago my DH came in while I was brushing my teeth and gave me a total shock b/c he said that he wanted to take me into the MK on the 2nd full day of our stay! I nearly choked to death! (And for all of you who had bets I would go into a park while I was at WDW, well, you were right!)

So here is the current plan - we are keeping our resort only booking through disney with AAA discount and just buying tickets when we arrive. I am too close to check in to cancel with WDW and book a pkg through AAA and since we don't need the dining plan, this is the best way to do it.

I need to preface my next 2 part question by saying please don't flame me - no popcorn munching while you watch this thread disintegrate - that this question comes from a legitimate, I don't know place. And i'm not a girl who likes shinanagins - I follow the rules - but I really just want to know the rule in regards to this.

Since DH and I will be checking out of the BC to go to MK, and we will have a car, we need to know, as a resort guests to WDW are we able to park at any other resort or just the TTC? I know we can stay parked at BC or park at the TTC without paying.

Here is the 2nd part of the question - if we decide to stay a 2nd night and can grab a room at AOA (which currently says not available) or Pop, we are trying to avoid a great deal of driving around the morning we want to get to MK. So we will have luggage and our car. Again, where can we park the car if we have not checked into the 2nd resort yet (i.e. can we park at AOA with out checking in yet and head to MK via bus and check in when we get back that night) and when you transfer resorts in regards to your luggage, does bell services take care of getting it from one resort to the next for you or is it easier just to toss it in the car?

Again, please know that is coming from a place where I don't know the answer for certain and I need some logistical help trying to figure out the smoothest and fastest way to do this.

Thank you!

luv

As others have said, when going to parks, you park in the parking lots.

You could park at AoA and take a bus, but it seems kind of dumb. It's an extra trip and waste of time. Might as well drive to the MK. If you do go to AoA first, might as well check in and park the car near your room.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

However...they were wrong. :) So we pulled up to Art of Animation and the guard just checked our ID and didn't give us a parking pass. We got that when we officially checked in. We decided to keep things simple - may not have been the most time effective but it was simple. We were all packed b/c we had to be to get out of BC so we just threw everything in the car and headed to TTC. It was the simplest thing. We got the parking pass when at the guard gate when we arrived at BC. But not at AOA.
I've never stayed at a deluxe. We always get our parking pass in the package when we check-in at mods and when we stayed at AoA. I didn't know the deluxe resorts gave you the pass at the gate.

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
It was a very slow part of the year and the parking lot was far from filled so spots were not a problem, but is there anything technically wrong with doing this?
RickP

Technically Disney says you can park at resorts with a valid KTTW or parking pass.. but they have imposed tighter restrictions to mean 'that' resort at times to avoid capacity issues.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
You can still park for free at a park on the day of your check out. We did, and we had the AAA diamond parking so we got a sweet spot!

How did you get the AAA diamond parking? Do you need a special pass or just show your AAA card? I did book a AAA room only - not a package - but through disney not AAA. Thanks!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I've never stayed at a deluxe. We always get our parking pass in the package when we check-in at mods and when we stayed at AoA. I didn't know the deluxe resorts gave you the pass at the gate.

Yes, he had it ready and waiting for us. And that happened before. I just assumed at the other resorts, they did that as well. When we stayed at PORS we took DME so I don't know. And we don't usually stay are Values but now that I think back, when my mom and I did this (grabbed a last minute room) the didn't have it waiting for us, but gave it to us at check in.

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
No I just get my tickets there and they give me the parking pass!

Thanks for sharing that. But it doesn't help in my situation... whenever I can, I buy my tickets via MWR (military) so buying AAA tickets is more expensive. I use AAA discount on hotels, etc when available.. but usually direct with the company.. not through AAA. AAA has always been very helpful, I've just never actually had a situation where their travel agent has been the best path for me :/

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks for sharing that. But it doesn't help in my situation... whenever I can, I buy my tickets via MWR (military) so buying AAA tickets is more expensive. I use AAA discount on hotels, etc when available.. but usually direct with the company.. not through AAA. AAA has always been very helpful, I've just never actually had a situation where their travel agent has been the best path for me :/
10 day no add ons was cheaper at AAA for us than through dh's discount! Are you staying at Shades of Green? I'm curious to know how it is!

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
10 day no add ons was cheaper at AAA for us than through dh's discount! Are you staying at Shades of Green? I'm curious to know how it is!

I've stayed there several times. We love it because of the size of the rooms, its quiet, and it's in a good location. Note, we almost always drive.. so we prefer the convenient parking too. Bus service for the property is a tad different compared to other resorts.. but we never had a problem with it when we relied on it.

Upvote 0

Ember

However...they were wrong. :) So we pulled up to Art of Animation and the guard just checked our ID and didn't give us a parking pass. We got that when we officially checked in. We decided to keep things simple - may not have been the most time effective but it was simple. We were all packed b/c we had to be to get out of BC so we just threw everything in the car and headed to TTC. It was the simplest thing. We got the parking pass when at the guard gate when we arrived at BC. But not at AOA.
That stinks! We were told that we would give our reservation number to the parking guard and they would show us where to park and then we could go the parks and come back to check in whenever we wanted. I'm thinking that maybe they will give us a pass when we give them our luggage to transfer to AoA? I hope we don't run into any problems.

Upvote 0

luv

You get your parking pass when you check in.

If the issue is free parking, you don't need the paper to get that. Just show them your Disney room key. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
That stinks! We were told that we would give our reservation number to the parking guard and they would show us where to park and then we could go the parks and come back to check in whenever we wanted. I'm thinking that maybe they will give us a pass when we give them our luggage to transfer to AoA? I hope we don't run into any problems.

I just wish that the Cast Member gave us the correct info. But this trip, 3 cast members gave us inaccurate info - 2 confirmed that Boardwalk had no refurb on the pool and the AOA parking info. So we pulled into where the luggage/gues drop off is and I ran in and checked in and DH took care of luggage and I came back to put parking pass in the car and we headed to park by our building.

Upvote 0

Marie Shook

I also don't want to start anything here, but I am very curious of the acual policy
a14.jpg

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I also don't want to start anything here, but I am very curious of the actual policy
a14.jpg

Since two people have asked:

You can park your car for free at the resort you are staying at. For example, if you are staying at Beach Club, you can park your car for free at the Beach Club.

If you are a resort guest, you can also park your car for free at the TTC. Then ferry or monorail to the MK. This also lets you park for free at any of the parks.

You can explore and dine and shop at any resort. However, you are not permitted to park at any other resort for any length of time. For example - you can not be staying at the AOA and then park at the GF all day. If you have a purpose at the GF, i.e. shopping or dining or just resort exploration, the guard will get you a pass for temporary parking. This has a time limit of I believe a few hours. After that, you run the risk of your car being towed out of the parking lot.

The purpose of my original question was how does it work if you "will be" checking into a resort, but want to get to the park ASAP so you don't check in until later and you get a parking pass until after you check in.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom