Parking Question...

cw1982

Original Poster
Staying at the Contemporary this coming week, and a friend of mine is talking about coming to see me. He's talking about coming two different times; once would be late in the evening, just in time to grab a drink or two at The Wave after park hours. The second time, we'd probably go to a park for a few hours and then back to my room.

I'm concerned about him being able to park...

Will he be able to tell the security people at the gate that he's coming to see me and visit the bar and be able to park?

Also, for the park night... should I just have him meet me at the parks and then have him drive to the hotel when we're done in the parks? I'm assuming security will let us in if I have my magic band to verify my reservation?

I called earlier today and asked guest services, and they sounded pretty clueless. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
1. Have him tell your name and room # to the guard and he should be allowed to park. We have had guests visit us and it’s never been a problem.

2. Have him meet you at the park. When you return to the resort, use your MagicBand to open the gate or have the guard scan your band. Parking should not be an issue.

cw1982

Original Poster
1. Have him tell your name and room # to the guard and he should be allowed to park. We have had guests visit us and it’s never been a problem.

2. Have him meet you at the park. When you return to the resort, use your MagicBand to open the gate or have the guard scan your band. Parking should not be an issue.

Thank you!

Club Cooloholic

I wonder if parking could be paid for for the one day at the hotel, I mean you are a guest after all. Question, I'd there room to add him to your reservation, even if he isn't staying? May simplify things.

cw1982

Original Poster
I wonder if parking could be paid for for the one day at the hotel, I mean you are a guest after all. Question, I'd there room to add him to your reservation, even if he isn't staying? May simplify things.

Adding him to my reservation would mean he'd have to be on my dining plan too... and that would cost me an extra $500. As much as I would love to do that, I'm thinking uber would be cheaper LOL

Oh, and I'm not sure about paying the parking fee at the hotel. I'll find out. But it sounds like he might be okay either way.

Club Cooloholic

Adding him to my reservation would mean he'd have to be on my dining plan too... and that would cost me an extra $500. As much as I would love to do that, I'm thinking uber would be cheaper LOL

Oh, and I'm not sure about paying the parking fee at the hotel. I'll find out. But it sounds like he might be okay either way.
Other option, if leaving the park earlier he can just walk to the Contemporary with you and then later take the monorail to the transportation center for his car.

cw1982

Original Poster
Other option, if leaving the park earlier he can just walk to the Contemporary with you and then later take the monorail to the transportation center for his car.

Good point. That could work if we did leave the Magic Kingdom early enough to enjoy some time at the hotel before transportation stops running for the night. Thank you :)

Club Cooloholic

Good point. That could work if we did leave the Magic Kingdom early enough to enjoy some time at the hotel before transportation stops running for the night. Thank you :)
You can even walk over to the transportion center from the Poly...which could be a fun option if you wanted to do drinks

Dad 2 M & M

You can even walk over to the transportion center from the Poly...which could be a fun option if you wanted to do drinks
That would be fun!!! I'll keep that in mind :)
Another thought would be to have your friend get a dining ressie at the Wave as you are already planning to have drinks there? That would solve the issue for one of the days......

Could you meet him and have him drive you to your resort the other day? And use your band to buzz in?

cw1982

Original Poster
Another thought would be to have your friend get a dining ressie at the Wave as you are already planning to have drinks there? That would solve the issue for one of the days......

Could you meet him and have him drive you to your resort the other day? And use your band to buzz in?

Maybe. I check in today... so I'll find out! :)

markc

I'm concerned about him being able to park...

Will he be able to tell the security people at the gate that he's coming to see me and visit the bar and be able to park?

I called earlier today and asked guest services, and they sounded pretty clueless. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

You're fine. He just needs to give security your name and say he's visiting or picking up a friend. It'd be helpful if you give him your room number too so he can give that to security as well. He'll be able to park with no issue. No parking fees are associated because he's not staying the night. Parking fee's only are assessed for Overnight parking. Even if he drinks a lot and needs to stay the night, Disney isn't concerned with collecting fees on that one night.

cw1982

Original Poster
You're fine. He just needs to give security your name and say he's visiting or picking up a friend. It'd be helpful if you give him your room number too so he can give that to security as well. He'll be able to park with no issue. No parking fees are associated because he's not staying the night. Parking fee's only are assessed for Overnight parking. Even if he drinks a lot and needs to stay the night, Disney isn't concerned with collecting fees on that one night.

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom