Park to Park, Potter to Potter

DisneyPan

Original Poster
Planning a quick trip in November. Haven't been to USO in a long time, so not sure how to strategize.
I've looked around on the boards, but can't find exactly what I'm looking for.
I'll be there 2 days with park to park, US on one day and IOA on the other. My main question is what's the best plan for riding the Hogwarts Express? Do I start off in Universal Studios ride Hogwarts Express and then stay in IOA? Or, do I go Uni to IOA do Hogsmeade and then back to Uni. I'm just a little confused as to how to plan. What's the best plan of action?
Thanks in advance.

JT3000

It doesn't really matter, whatever you want to do. You might be avoiding some crowds if you do Diagon Alley first, but it shouldn't make a big difference at this point, especially in November. Just keep in mind that the Hogwarts Express is technically 2 rides in 1, and you have to go both ways to see each version.

DisneyPan

Original Poster
Thanks, JT3000. I think I'm overthinking it, but I know someone out there has perfected this plan during their many visits.

DisneyPan

Original Poster
Nevermind, I found some great info on another thread:
First attempt at Wizarding World of Harry Potter - any advice appreciated!

Thanks anyway!

kittybubbles

Will you have early entry? If you do, it is best to try and go to the early entry park 1st.

If you do not have early entry, that's ok. I think a lot of folks like to go Diagon first for it's more like the movies to experience the London side first and then travel to Hogwarts.

Both main rides have decent capacity and wonderful queues so I feel the waits aren't so bad. The wand store over in Diagon has more show rooms, so the wait time tends to be better over in the studios.

BrianV

If you are staying onsite and/or have express pass all the rest of the rides are easy. Just do Harry potter as you wish. We just spent two days there and went back and forth between the parks at will, based on what we felt like doing. We rode the hogwarts express maybe 6 or 7 times, as well as the headline rides many times. After you ride the two Harry potter rides waiting on the full lines, use the single rider lines. Our kids went repeatedly on forbidden journey while we sat and chilled.

fosse76

Planning a quick trip in November. Haven't been to USO in a long time, so not sure how to strategize.
I've looked around on the boards, but can't find exactly what I'm looking for.
I'll be there 2 days with park to park, US on one day and IOA on the other. My main question is what's the best plan for riding the Hogwarts Express? Do I start off in Universal Studios ride Hogwarts Express and then stay in IOA? Or, do I go Uni to IOA do Hogsmeade and then back to Uni. I'm just a little confused as to how to plan. What's the best plan of action?
Thanks in advance.
That really depends on how you want to experience the Hogwarts Express. It's two different experiences. I would start at USF in the morning, do Diagon Alley and then hop on HE to IOA. If it's still early when I finish IOA, I would hop back on the HE to experience the return trip and do DA again. If not, I start at IOA in Hogsmeade and then make the return trip to London (USF) where I do Diagon Alley again and then explore the rest of the park. But that's if I want to try to make it authentic to the books.

JT3000

One thing I don't understand is the people who wait at Ollivanders in Hogsmeade vs Diagon Alley. In Hogmeade you are waiting outside in the sun vs inside with multiple showrooms in DA.

They either don't know any better or they simply have no intention of going to USF.

DisneyPan

Original Poster
That really depends on how you want to experience the Hogwarts Express. It's two different experiences. I would start at USF in the morning, do Diagon Alley and then hop on HE to IOA. If it's still early when I finish IOA, I would hop back on the HE to experience the return trip and do DA again. If not, I start at IOA in Hogsmeade and then make the return trip to London (USF) where I do Diagon Alley again and then explore the rest of the park. But that's if I want to try to make it authentic to the books.
Thanks for the plan. This makes mapping it out a lot easier.

And yes, we'll definitely do Ollivanders in DA, so there's less of a wait.

Thanks everyone for their help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom