Park soundtracks that give you goosebumps.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
There are sone music scores in the parks that will give me goosebumps, or so powerful i just get an adrenalin rush,
such as...
Illuminations, mostly the music towards the middle of the show
Rescuers down under from the Fountain of Nations, I can't even imagine hearing that song in its highest of sound quality,
I had to wear a hoodie during Spectromagic so my girlfriend couldn't see my face
Wishes but doesn't beat Fantasy in the Sky
Epcot entrance music
and Spaceship Earth

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

Spaceship Earth 1994 descent:

Came to post this. A moment of WOW to put it lightly. I rode the previous Cronkite version as a kid numerous times and am a big fan of Tomorrow's Child, but the then-new ending sequence from '94 quite simply blew me away when I first went on it. An exquisite reimagining of a classic ride as a whole of course. But hearing that descent music as you pass through a cascading curtain of sparkling light and color enveloping a dazzling city (and surrounding tunnel)... Can't really put it into words how it made me feel. So sad that it's gone now.

Horizons had a very moving score as well. As well as pretty much the entirety of American Adventure, particularly Golden Dream (thankfully still around...for the moment anyways until some moron pitches "Murica: Presented by Woody and Buzz Lightyear, music by Randy Newman").

Spectromagic's soundtrack was also incredible. So much greatness now lost, it's very sad.

Last edited:

Phineas

I've never actually watched it, but the score to Impressions de France is stunningly gorgeous, and is basically like a perfectly blended "greatest hits" of classical French composers. It was on a 2 CD set I bought years ago at the park, and it quickly found itself on regular rotation.

The score to Spaceship Earth is equally epic in proportion and beautiful.

And, as I've said before, I'm partial here (refer to my avatar), but the overall score to The Haunted Mansion is amazing. They take the relatively simple melody of Grim Grinning Ghosts, and reprise and rework it throughout the entire experience, from the ambient wind in the loading area to the bells in the Corridor of Doors and booming organ in the ballroom, leading up to the swinging wake in the graveyard. It's just a very cohesive, cinematic experience.

bjlc57

years ago.. when we were on of the first at MGM.. and I ran into Eisner, they were playing movie soundtracks.. and I believe it was Lawrence of Arabia that was playing.. and I started to cry.. and then I run into Eisner and he can see the emotion on my face.. it was SO HOLLYWOOD for me..

bjlc57

Wishes also does it for me...but then just writing about this DOES IT FOR ME. because I can hear the songs playing in my head.. ( I have a video graphic memory)

Missymoe4

In no particular order:
1. MK Welcome/Rope Drop
2. Space Mountain: the light, airy music you hear in the tunnel
3. Wishes & Spectromagic (more so Spectro)
4. Country Bear Jamboree at the end (my mom loved this show)
5. The background music heading into Adventureland
6. American Adventure: "Golden Dream"
7. Figment: "One Little Spark"

Glasgow

Innoventions Plaza, Illuminations old pre-show, Soarin queue, The Living Seas main theme (old), Looking Glass (WoL), Two Brothers (AA), Danny Boy (Off Kilter), Clouds Gather and Sunset (Tree of Life), Columbus The Discovery (Space Mountain), Rudy Tryouts (CA), Condor Flats Area Music (CA)

I think it's safe to say that I like the music in Epcot!

EpcotMark

Came to post this. A moment of WOW to put it lightly. I rode the previous Cronkite version as a kid numerous times and am a big fan of Tomorrow's Child, but the then-new ending sequence from '94 quite simply blew me away when I first went on it. An exquisite reimagining of a classic ride as a whole of course. But hearing that descent music as you pass through a cascading curtain of sparkling light and color enveloping a dazzling city (and surrounding tunnel)... Can't really put it into words how it made me feel. So sad that it's gone now.

Horizons had a very moving score as well. As well as pretty much the entirety of American Adventure, particularly Golden Dream (thankfully still around...for the moment anyways until some moron pitches "Murica: Presented by Woody and Buzz Lightyear, music by Randy Newman").

Spectromagic's soundtrack was also incredible. So much greatness now lost, it's very sad.

Yeah you took the words right out of my mouth for the original Spaceship Earth music. Especially the finale which is a Bach Sinfonia by the way. I forget which one. Maybe number 51? Its also been in the soundtrack of the original Cosmos show with Carl Sagan. Look for the word Solaris.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom