Park music .. outside of the park

Glasgow

Original Poster
Was returning from overseas this week and was waiting in line at Passport Control in Atlanta (a very tedious process) and heard something familiar on the airport TV .. it was the music from Illuminations! I assume it was paid for in some manner, I've just never heard Disney park music used anywhere else.

Anyone else run into a similar situation??

CaptainShortty

I was coming back from Israel into the Philly airport and heard the same thing!! It was like 5:30 in the morning and I started humming it and my sister was like, "What are you doing?". I was like, "IT'S ILLUMINATIONS!!" I was also super surprised to hear it not in Disney but it made my morning. :)

AswaySuller

I've never heard or at least recognised anything.

I do have "grim grinning ghosts" and various other attraction songs/music as ring tones on my iPhone.

TheDisneyMagic

Was returning from overseas this week and was waiting in line at Passport Control in Atlanta (a very tedious process) and heard something familiar on the airport TV .. it was the music from Illuminations! I assume it was paid for in some manner, I've just never heard Disney park music used anywhere else.

Anyone else run into a similar situation??

I think they use this same clip in quite a few Airports throughout the US I am pretty sure we have heard it in five different Airports.

MarkTwain

I believe that Disney were commissioned to create a US Immigration video a few years ago, which uses the Illuminations music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcBJW7Dtd9g

It plays at Orlando airport before passport control - that's the moment that I know I've arrived.. :wave:

Correct - Disney was hired to made the promotional video for immigration, and apparently they utilized Illuminations for the background music. I remember reading articles from shortly after its release that they caused some controversy by using footage of the Canadian side of Niagara falls in the video... woops. :lol:

I_heart_Tigger

My niece was in a figure skating show and it was all about Canada - they represented hockey, the RCMP, the northern lights and other items of pride and joy of our country.

When they came out for the finale I heard this womans voice singing - "Canadaaaaaaaa, my Can - a - daaaaaaa..." and it took me a second to realize it's the song from the Oh Canada movie at the pavilion....almost made me tear up a little bit.

TheDisneyMagic

Isn't it a little ironic that Disney were commissioned to create this video for Immigration, yet many of their own adverts are subbed out. :ROFLOL:

I_heart_Tigger

Correct - Disney was hired to made the promotional video for immigration, and apparently they utilized Illuminations for the background music. I remember reading articles from shortly after its release that they caused some controversy by using footage of the Canadian side of Niagara falls in the video... woops. :lol:

Perhaps their theory is..."This water will eventually be American, just like you!" :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom