Park Music CDs

djlaosc

Original Poster
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me which Park Music CDs are currently available at Disneyland?

I know that there are the individual Disneyland and Disney California Adventure CDs, and there is a Fantasmic CD, but are there any others available? I know that they had a Cars Land CD a few years ago, but I don't know if it is still available.

Thank you for your help.

Rich T

There's the new (couple years ago) double CD that covers both parks, the new 3 CD Legacy album, the World's Fair set, Cars Land, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Fantasmic, Haunted Mansion Holiday... 2 Carthay Circle CDs... Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Note that all of them are also available on iTunes and Amazon digital except for the World's Fair Set. iTunes and Amazon also have several discontinued park albums available, including the original 200O DCA CD and Country Bear Jamboree.

Stevek

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me which Park Music CDs are currently available at Disneyland?

I know that there are the individual Disneyland and Disney California Adventure CDs, and there is a Fantasmic CD, but are there any others available? I know that they had a Cars Land CD a few years ago, but I don't know if it is still available.

Thank you for your help.
I believe this is the current parks album available.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-releasing-at-disney-parks-on-august-20-2013/

You can probably also get the Disneyland 60th Legacy Collection 3 CD set. It has a pretty good selection, roughly 20 add'l tracks not on the official DL Resort album, including MSEP & Fantasmic. The only thing unique to the Disneyland Park CD is, Pecos Bill, Touch the Sky and Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm missing anything.

Stevek

There's really nothing worth getting. You're better off pirating audio rather than settling for truncated highlight CDs.
Yes, because I'm sure WDW Magic wants members promoting pirating.

I'll disagree with Endor Sightseer and say that the park CD's are of great quality and give you exactly what you should expect...not full ride experiences but a highlight of your day at the DLR. I love them, have been collecting them for years. The only disappointment is around their lack of variation over the past few years...just the occasional new track added. I would highly suggest the DL 60th Legacy CD. Larger selection, nice book included. Of course, nothing touches the 50th box set.

George Lucas on a Bench

Yes, because I'm sure WDW Magic wants members promoting pirating.

I'll disagree with Endor Sightseer and say that the park CD's are of great quality and give you exactly what you should expect...not full ride experiences but a highlight of your day at the DLR. I love them, have been collecting them for years. The only disappointment is around their lack of variation over the past few years...just the occasional new track added. I would highly suggest the DL 60th Legacy CD. Larger selection, nice book included. Of course, nothing touches the 50th box set.

The 50th set is out of print and should be pirated. Unless you want to spend huge amounts of money on the black market.

Rich T

Please support the creators of these works (and terrific producers like Randy Thornton) by purchasing the tracks that are available for sale. It also helps to let Disney know that there's money to be made there. There's no reason why, in this age, a park music store with every track available, can't be exist online-- A digital reboot of Disneyland Forever. Speak with your wallet to tell Disney that marketing park tracks is good business.

Stevek

Please support the creators of these works (and terrific producers like Randy Thornton) by purchasing the tracks that are available for sale. It also helps to let Disney know that there's money to be made there. There's no reason why, in this age, a park music store with every track available, can't be exist online-- A digital reboot of Disneyland Forever. Speak with your wallet to tell Disney that marketing park tracks is good business.
But, but, it's easier to pirate it. If someone didn't get the 50th box set, they should be forced to pay the going price like any other collectible. Advocating someone just d/l a version illegally is unfair to those that created the product and those that put many hours into creating these...Randy Thornton amongst others as you pointed out. Now if we can just get him to create an WDW or even just an Epcot box set.

VJ

But, but, it's easier to pirate it. If someone didn't get the 50th box set, they should be forced to pay the going price like any other collectible. Advocating someone just d/l a version illegally is unfair to those that created the product and those that put many hours into creating these...Randy Thornton amongst others as you pointed out. Now if we can just get him to create an WDW or even just an Epcot box set.
The albums are sold second-hand. The money is not going to Disney and, thus, not going to Randy Thornton and others. It's going to whoever is selling it.

Stevek

The albums are sold second-hand. The money is not going to Disney and, thus, not going to Randy Thornton and others. It's going to whoever is selling it.
That's not what the other poster was talking about. He was talking about pirating. I have no problem with someone selling a used CD for whatever the market will bear.

VJ

That's not what the other poster was talking about. He was talking about pirating. I have no problem with someone selling a used CD for whatever the market will bear.
I agree with what he's saying, then, if the album's in print; it's just some albums (such as A Musical History of Disneyland) are out of print and the money from secondhand purchases isn't going to Disney anyway. Hopefully I'm getting myself across clearly.

Stevek

I agree with what he's saying, then, if the album's in print; it's just some albums (such as A Musical History of Disneyland) are out of print and the money from secondhand purchases isn't going to Disney anyway. Hopefully I'm getting myself across clearly.
It's not so much about the album versus the music contained in it. There is probably a decent amount of it still available commercially via various in-print releases either the Legacy 60th collection or the current in-park CD.

VJ

It's not so much about the album versus the music contained in it. There is probably a decent amount of it still available commercially via various in-print releases either the Legacy 60th collection or the current in-park CD.
That's true. The Legacy Collection: Disneyland album is kind of a chopped-up (and downgraded) version of Musical History, that disappoints me.

Stevek

That's true. The Legacy Collection: Disneyland album is kind of a chopped-up (and downgraded) version of Musical History, that disappoints me.
The more disappointing thing is that Disney failed to release a true 60th CD containing Paint the Night or Disneyland Forever soundtracks.

VJ

The more disappointing thing is that Disney failed to release a true 60th CD containing Paint the Night or Disneyland Forever soundtracks.
Agreed even more! Randy Thornton stated on another site that he was trying to get a set approved for release for collectors but it would take a while (and he hasn't said anything on it since).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom