park hopping.......very misunderstood

Damon7777

Original Poster
Yet another example of someone who will argue constantly,

And yet another flaming hypocrite who pops in for some fun.......your very contribution here exemplifies arguing.

So let me understand your "thinking": you came here to argue that you don't want me to argue. Got it

....is a good thing you are no autocrat because you might pull a Stalin or Franco on us
((Hitler is just too much of a cliche so I went with two other notables.....I almost chose Lincoln since he silenced press and imprisoned dissenters during wartime but then maybe I would be too controversial)

Last edited:

Damon7777

Original Poster
Far superior to any US park" would be the correct phrase.

My usage of "USA" is incorrect?!?!?!

OMG do we really have to do this?
United States, US, USA, America are all used more or less interchangeably whether one is in New York City, Dallas or San Francisco ---- Are you for real that you don't know this? Nobody, I do mean absolutely nobody, is that ill informed--- not even this Norm C. who has yet to add anything of value here.

((On a side note I usually don't say "America" unless I am specifically referencing a continent such as South America or North America.))

nickys

Premium Member
My usage of "USA" is incorrect?!?!?!

OMG do we really have to do this?
United States, US, USA, America are all used more or less interchangeably whether one is in New York City, Dallas or San Francisco ---- Are you for real that you don't know this? Nobody, I do mean absolutely nobody, is that ill informed--- not even this Norm C. who has yet to add anything of value here.

((On a side note I usually don't say "America" unless I am specifically referencing a continent such as South America or North America.))

Oh the irony lol! From someone who accused me of being unable to read.

Anyway, I believe it was your use of the word "supreme" that was being referenced, which you used rather than "superior".

Damon7777

Original Poster
No, Nickys
Go back carefully and check out that post whereby some nutcase challenges me on "USA" vs "US".

Goofyernmost

Next, you are ascertaining that Disney invented park hopping because they knew the parks were insufficient. what do you have to back that up?
When WDW was a 10 year old and Epcot was brand new you had a World Pass and you could go to either park at a whim. Then when Disney/MGM opened three parks were involved, but, the single ticket still covered all three. Then came FP along with Park Hoppers (don't remember the sequence, might have even been when Disney your way started up. Just don't remember.), but, it was about that time that they felt that charging extra (not much) for the Hopper was the intelligent thing to do. Even though it cost me extra money, I felt that I understood why and that it was a small price to pay for the freedom to jump from place to place as the mood hit me. I still do and I hop all the time. Sometimes every single day. I have been there enough (45 times) that I know what I want to see so I start each day at a chosen park and when I get tired of it or bored with it... I go to see something different. It has a real purpose and adds to my enjoyment. I love variety.

If I go to MK and find that the crowds are beyond my ability to tolerate, I head to Epcot or DHS or DAK. Then after dinner I might come back to MK or wherever I want to go. Most of the people that don't ever see the necessity are probably be pretty good at incarceration. No choice... you are where you are.

Venezia

Park hopping at its core demonstrates shortcomings.

I find it almost funny how Disney markets "park hopping" as a desirable feature------and millions mindlessly eat it up.
I can see where you're coming from, but for our family Park Hoppers are the only way we will vacation at WDW. We know the parks like the back of our hand, know what attractions we enjoy at each park and which attractions are not worth our time. Therefore, each day we start off at one park and only focus on favorites, and then end up at another park to do a few rides and fireworks. We wish Disney would not charge for a PH, as it was free back in the day, but oh well, every family can choose to make the extra expense or not.

I find it almost funny how Disney markets "park hopping" as a desirable feature------and millions mindlessly eat it up.

Venezia

I understand your point of view, however, park hopping is the only way we will vacation at WDW. Our family knows what attractions we enjoy and which annoy, therefore, we start off at one park, each morning, then head over to another in the evening for favorite attractions and fireworks. We've been park hopping for ages because that's what works for us. I do wish it was free as it used to be back in the day, though.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think we are all missing the point of the OP, we all have reasons for park hopping, we also enjoy it and like the options it give us. But what if the reasons we wanted park hopper could be addressed so that there was no reason to Park Hop, would that make your vacation more or less enjoyable?

How else would you solve my scenario where I spend one day in each part, and don't want to have to choose just one park for my last day? I want to spend that last day doing the "highlights" of a couple parks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
To me, park hoppers are a luxury, if you have the money it can give you some extra flexibility during you visit, but it you need to save some money you can skip it. Just like deluxe resorts are a luxury. You can have a great trip staying at Pop Century, but if you have the money you can enjoy the amenities offered by a deluxe.

graphite1326

We tried not getting PH on one trip. However, we have been WDW several times and know what we want to see. That being said, HS is a half day park for us. AK we were done by 3:00 and looking for something to do (this was before all the changes). We went back to our resort and updated our tickets to include the PH. We then went on to do the night shows.

chrisbarry

Always love the park hopper because it leaves my options wide open. Can't imagine not getting a park hopper. Early morning at Magic Kingdom, midday break at the pool, then to Epcot for dinner and Illuminations...perfect day and only possible with a park hopper. Completely worth my money. It has absolutely nothing to do with a park having shortcomings. It's about flexibility and diversifying.

Last edited:

copcarguyp71

As adults travelling with a kiddo we tend to do whatever park we are in the mood for during the day and then typically end up at Epcot for the evenings for food, ambiance and the occasional brewski or drink after a long day in the parks. I don't see it being anything but beneficial. Plus if we are in a park and the crowds are unreasonably high or tour groups are everywhere we can bail on our original plans and head elsewhere. I just wish the current culture of ADR's and Fastpasses allowed for more traditional freestyling...we really miss that from years past.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I agree with the OP, not to say there is no reason to Park hop, larger groups tend to have different opinions on different parks and rides. But a park hopper should not be necessary to bring value to the original ticket.
You should not have to hop for the reasons of, diversity of attractions, dinning options, not enough attractions, night time show, parades. Reasons to Park Hop: Take advantage or Magic Hours, Avoid parks with Magic hours, Avoid Crowds, short trip and want to see multiple parks in a day, in a large group with different opinions on which parks a more fun, take advantage of parks staying open late.
I wish I could hop less, hopping between parks waste a lot of time.
I'm having a little problem understanding what you are saying. It sounds like you feel that every park should have the same attractions? How exactly would that be done? Same restaurants, same nighttime show/parades? How? I don't mind speculating how it would change things if the world were perfect, but, it's not and it just seems odd since no one has to hop if they don't want too. It is a choice, but, it isn't a bad choice for many people, myself included. I use the travel time between places as a bit of a rest break. You consider it a waste of time, I call it recharging the batteries.

Allym146

I think we are all missing the point of the OP, we all have reasons for park hopping, we also enjoy it and like the options it give us. But what if the reasons we wanted park hopper could be addressed so that there was no reason to Park Hop, would that make your vacation more or less enjoyable?

It would make my vacation exhausting.

RScottyL

IMO, park hopping only makes since if you will staying a short amount of time and you want to get to see all of the parks!

This, in my mind means that a park a day is ideal, so since there are 4 parks, you absolute minimum stay should be 4 days, however if you can't stay that long, then you would be better getting a park hopper so you can at least get to all of the parks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom