Paradise Pier Hotel entrance to DCA question

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
I seem to recall reading that the Paradise Pier Hotel had it's own exclusive entrance to DCA much like the Grand Californian does now. Did it ever and if so, where was it? We stayed there in April of '05 and there was no mention of it.

darthjohnny

Yes, I stayed there and was wondering the exact same thing. It was a rip off. Someone told me the enterance was across the street and you used your key card to get in a secret door where then you would have to show you ticket. If you notice, Paradise Pier does not advertise their "special enterance" anymore. I wonder why they stopped if they did have one in the first place.

netenyahoo

They used to have an entrance that let you in/out by the big dinosaur in the Route 66 section of the park. I think it has been closed for a couple years now. You can use the Grand California's entrance though.

brertigger

That still is not a terrible walk, but the secret entrance would be a lot cooler.
Maybe they'll bring it back one of these years.

TTATraveler

I used the Paradise Pier entrance to DCA in February 2003. The entrance was a plain brown gate that didn't stick out much at all. In fact we walked past it the first time since we had no idea it would be so inconspicuous. You had to use your key card to get in. My guess is that the entrance wasn't used enough to warrent a CM to be positioned at the turnstile.

darthjohnny

How come the hotel doesn't tell you you can use the enterance at Grand Californian. I thought is was only for those hotel guests. They only gave me a "fast pass" for the monorail system. They should have kept the enterance open unless could it have been that people were wondering of the streets of California and using that enterance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom