Pandora: The World Of Avatar - A Somewhat Letdown?

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
Or are YOU joking.

giphy.gif

Eddie90210

I think what's disappointing is that it took 6 years to build 2 rides, a store and a restaurant. Even if the rides are great...only 2????
Go ahead and throw your tomatoes, Disney apologists :)

Eddie90210

I maintain that, IMHO, 2 rides is disappointing. I do, however, agree strongly with your choice of avatar (although things are looking a little grim). Maybe the Spurs can "pull a Red Sox"? Here's hoping :)

Rumrunner

Much of Walt Disney's success was the connection he made to our hearts. Does Avatar do that? Was it worth 500 million? Will it have the everlasting connections when compared to other Disney creations? If it doesn't connect with the heart it probably won't be that successful.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Much of Walt Disney's success was the connection he made to our hearts. Does Avatar do that? Was it worth 500 billion? Will it have the everlasting connections when compared to other Disney creations? If it doesn't connect with the heart it probably won't be that successful.
From what I have seen on you tube... I think it will do quite well.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So far, a lot of people seem to agree with me for the most part. However there are some who don't agree with me. Now I am perfectly fine with this. I understand why many enjoy it, and more power to you. However, some feel the need to criticize me of sharing my opinion. For starters, I never said I hate Pandora or don't like it. I think it still looks cool and I am excited to go next December.

All I said was that I was disappointed with some parts of it, mainly Na'vi River Journey. Flight Of Passage looks like fun, all I really did was point out some flaws I believe. This always happens to me when it comes to new attractions at any park, it may take me a while to warm up to anything new, really. Also, I said that this probably isn't my final opinion, maybe I'll end up loving the area. Just right now I find many things that could have been done far better.

And yet you haven't actually visited. No video, no matter how expertly filmed and edited, will do Pandora justice. The land is overwhelming in size and scope. Yes, I wished Na'vi was longer. But I rode it three times and still couldn't take in all the detail. FoP was one of the best I've ridden at WDW. And no, I wasn't expecting to ride a banshee because (1) they're not real and (2) humans didn't ride them in the movie, either.

My only issue? That Disney couldn't have made the land bigger, but that would have meant tearing down more structures/rides. I thoroughly enjoyed my preview visit and am excited to travel to Pandora again later in the year - sure hope the crowds are smaller.

Now, if only Disney would make both the banshee and AP magicband available online - my son-in-law really wants one of those banshees. :D

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
For the last time, how many times do I have to say it? This is not my final opinion. I don't think it looks downright bad, I'm simply pointing out the things that I think they should've worked on more. Flight Of Passage? It looks fun! Na'vi River Journey? It's got cool AAs! I'm not bashing or trying to destroy other people's opinions. I haven't been there yet and I understand that this is would be unfair... as an official opinion. The problem is it's not my official opinion.

I'm going to WDW in December, and then I will get to visit Pandora and form a proper view on the area. It feels as if everyone just thinks "This guy's saying something he's not impressed by, that must mean he hates Disney! We must band together and tell him he's wrong and that every Disney attraction is perfect!". And when some of you start telling me that everything about Pandora is fantastic is basically you forcing an opinion on me because (GASPS) I have been there yet.

I'm seriously trying to stay calm and have a good discussion, but I can't if some people have to keep reminding me of something I obviously understand. If people keep bugging me to agree with them, then fine: I love Pandora. It's amazing and the rides are the absolute best!!!!!

Also, I understand some of my criticizing of Flight Of Passage is taking a few liberties, but in my opinion Na'vi River Journey looks bland just from the videos I've seen (but I can't judge it yet until I go on it so I can... Feel the boat moving, I guess?)

And I'm going to throw back at you the title of the thread you started: Pandora: The World of Avator - A Somewhat Letdown? All based on you watching some YouTube videos....

Hold your judgement until you've actually visited. Because many of us who have - and were able to ride both rides multiple times - were blown away.

*shakes head*

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
To unbeknowst guest they will say it's is impressive....Where as a Disney Fan will say...It's Living With The Land: Pandora.
That's what a lot of people on these forums don't get... Disney is NOT* trying to appease the Disney forum fan extremists.. They're trying to appease the normal park tourist guest.

That's why Universal keeps forking out the simulator rides. The average park guest doesn't know any better. They didn't ride Jaws, Kongfrontation, Disaster, or see Twister. Their experience at Universal is probably their first and only trip. So if the park mostly has simulators, then that's what they're going to enjoy. They won't fantasize about the past and what Universal "Used to be and could be today!"

Same goes for Disney with Avatarland's attractions... And any upcoming Star Wars land and Toy Story land attractions.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You have an entire land.
Have you seen it? Or seen pictures of it?
I've seen day/night photos of the land, and they look every bit as immersive as the rest of AK, which I believe has the best detailing of any Disney park I've visited (CA, FL, and Paris). And I've seen POV videos of the rides -- they look great. Both of them.

I hear that the food in the Canteen is very good.

I'm looking forward to visiting one of these days -- after they finish the rehab at DHS. But I remain disappointed that there isn't more to the "land" than two rides and a restaurant. My land(s) of comparison: Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Future World and World Showcase... even Adventureland has JC, PotC, the Treehouse and the Aladdin spinner (and the Tiki Room, but it's a show).

Sadly, the same formula seems apparent in the announced plans for Star Wars Land...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom