Pandora Second Entrance

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Since they will be using the entrance that was used to enter Camp Minnie-Mickey to enter Pandora. Was there a plan to eventually use the entrance (If it is one) from the side adjacent to Rainforest Cafe? Or does that have some Backstage access that would not have this being used? I would think they'd use it for guest overflow when it opens and then close it after it dwindles down.
DSC3761.jpg

cjkeating

Since they will be using the entrance that was used to enter Camp Minnie-Mickey to enter Pandora. Was there a plan to eventually use the entrance (If it is one) from the side adjacent to Rainforest Cafe? Or does that have some Backstage access that would not have this being used? I would think they'd use it for guest overflow when it opens and then close it after it dwindles down.
DSC3761.jpg

I am quite confident that this entrance/exit is not set up for public access, there will however be a second entrance/exit leading to Africa via the Harambe Theatre.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The gate provides access to the park from the service road, although in theory they could create a bypass exit there if they wanted to. With that said, I don't know that it would be necessary. I don't know that you would get a high enough volume of people leaving the last all at one time to make it worth while. I think a bigger concern is existing the other side of the park if ROL becomes really popular.

upload_2016-10-24_20-10-3.png

roj2323

The gate provides access to the park from the service road, although in theory they could create a bypass exit there if they wanted to. With that said, I don't know that it would be necessary. I don't know that you would get a high enough volume of people leaving the last all at one time to make it worth while. I think a bigger concern is existing the other side of the park if ROL becomes really popular.

View attachment 171406

They might setup the back stage access gates so they can crowd dump if they need to but there's no way I see this area becoming an open walkway on a regular basis.

tl77

I'd expect them to eventually have "short cut" paths for both Pandora and Dinoland to the Oasis area, to accommodate the late night attractions at both Avatar and Rivers of Light, there dosn't seem to be any reason to force everyone on to Discovery Island in order to exit the park

wdwgreek

I'd expect them to eventually have "short cut" paths for both Pandora and Dinoland to the Oasis area, to accommodate the late night attractions at both Avatar and Rivers of Light, there dosn't seem to be any reason to force everyone on to Discovery Island in order to exit the park
Dino Land is directly adjacent to Discovery Island so would this bypass connect it hypothetical directly to the oasis? I didn't realize the two areas abbutted each other.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Dino Land is directly adjacent to Discovery Island so would this bypass connect it hypothetical directly to the oasis? I didn't realize the two areas abbutted each other.

Restraurantosaurus and the entrance to Dinosaurs are both quite close to the main entrance of the park
Capture.PNG

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
If they opened a pathway to the left of Gardengate gifts and made the pathway to it to connect it you'd be at Dinosaur in seconds of the park opening rather than take the alternate long way around through Discovery Island to Dinoland..

It would be wonderful, but then you wouldn't walk past all of those shops or the photo opportunities by the Tree of Life (and thus opportunities to try and sell you a PhotoPass). If such a path was made, I could see them opening it after a final showing of Rivers of Light or on exceptionally busy days (sort of like the path that they send you on after Fantasmic to send you right to the front of the park or the Main Street Bypass in Magic Kingdom), but I don't see it as something that they would leave open all the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom