Pandora: Phase II

Captain Neo

Original Poster
Hey Gang,

Now that Pandora is open to the public and a blockbuster smash hit I was wondering if there is any talk or serious proposals for a Phase II that would add more attractions to the land? Is there room available for such a thing?

I remember hearing about a Bike Coaster being part of this land that got cut early on and I was wondering if they would consider greenlighting now that the land has proven popular and several avatar films are currently in production for release later this decade. More new Avatar attractions will increase attendance to DAK (and WDW as a whole) and increase ticket and merchandise revenue.

I don't know about everyone else but I for one am pumped for #moreavatar

jt04

Hey Gang,

Now that Pandora is open to the public and a blockbuster smash hit I was wondering if there is any talk or serious proposals for a Phase II that would add more attractions to the land? Is there room available for such a thing?

I remember hearing about a Bike Coaster being part of this land that got cut early on and I was wondering if they would consider greenlighting now that the land has proven popular and several avatar films are currently in production for release later this decade. More new Avatar attractions will increase attendance to DAK (and WDW as a whole) and increase ticket and merchandise revenue.

Wondering if Disney would ever consider a deal where Cameron and company designed and built and financed a phase 2. That might be a way to get it done quickly.

Possibly I am thinking way too far outside the box this time.

ezralou

Hey Gang,

Maybe they can add back the boat ride that was scrapped from phase 1

sedati

Would love an attraction based on the big game hunt scene in the extended version. They could use it to talk about humane practices the Navi use to get their food and population management.

Casper Gutman

Disney owns a space adventure franchise with a much larger fanbase then Avatar and is intent on placing there own IPs in the park. Add to that the fact that it is very unlikely the Avatar sequels will come anywhere close to the box office success of the original...

There's not going to be any more Pandora. What ya see is what ya get.

lostpro9het

I was wondering if there is any talk or serious proposals for a Phase II that would add more attractions to the land?
giphy.gif

Disney Dad 3000

Hey Gang,

I don't get to experience pandora until this summer but if it's nearly as good as most reviews I hope this is a yes. I would imagine they would wait to see how the land holds up after a few years and the sequels ever get going. If nothing else it would be nice to know they were doing something as it would give me hope that SWL and TSL woild get addl attractions as well at some point

Casper Gutman

I don't get to experience pandora until this summer but if it's nearly as good as most reviews I hope this is a yes. I would imagine they would wait to see how the land holds up after a few years and the sequels ever get going. If nothing else it would be nice to know they were doing something as it would give me hope that SWL and TSL woild get addl attractions as well at some point

SWL will certainly get additions - its an extremely hot property owned lock, stock, and barrel by Disney. It could support its own park. TSL is essentially a placeholder for whatever takes over that space in a few years - probably SW.

Unless Disney buys Lightstorm, I severely doubt Pandora expands even if the sequels are hits. I would be surprised if Disney were to buy the company - they have Star Wars, a property competing for the same cultural space, and by that point Iger, who's ego is invested in Pandora, will likely be gone.

wdwfan4ver

Phase 2 is very questionable at this point. There is too many reasons right now despite the success of the land. Here are the reasons.
  1. Rumored Dinoland USA redo is the rumored next thing for AK like others mentioned.
  2. Disney is going have a new CEO before the next Avatar movie comes it. We don't know the direction of the Parks will be as a result after the stuff Bob Iger approved gets completed Bob Iger's last day is July 2nd, 2019. Bob is going to approve more things before than, not Phase 2 for Pandora though.
  3. While the current Avatar 2 release date is December 18, 2020, it is possible for the movie release to delayed again. This going to affect Phase 2 if Dinoland USA redo is done.
  4. The Phase 2 in question depends on the success on future movies and there is a lot of question marks on how the movies will do besides whoever is going to the CEO of the Walt Disney Company.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom