painting

danesporty

Original Poster
I heard there was alot of painting going on over at USF. I heard they painted the outside arches. Anyone know what they look like now. I dont think they needed to be painted, they looked fine. Anyone have pictures of that or any of the painting. I am interested in what it looks like. Also I heard the bone yard was empty and pics of what that looks like empty?

As part of Bob Gault's new approach to increasing attendance at parks and mainstreaming UO so that it becomes more recognizable, the parks are getting major facelifts. A few months ago, USF received many more street performers and entertainers; the painting (yellow, gold, and pink tones) is meant to freshen up the "trapped in the 80s" park, replacing the old gray-blue-pink color scheme; three new attractions have been officially announced (1 for IOA and 2 for USF), though specific details have not been officially announced. Rumors suggest a Shrek 3D attraction and Scorpion King/Apollo 13/flume ride themed to upcoming release for USF and some sort of addition to either Jurassic Park or Toon Lagoon at IOA.

Sounds good to me...

danesporty

Original Poster
What do the arches look like now with the new colors. Is there a big difference. Any pics anyone. I also think the new rides will be great as long as they dont replace Kong.

woofboy111

Here's a picture that I got of the new paint job on saturday.

Islands of adventure also had some changes. Some of the stores in The lost conitnent got a new paint job, as well as a lot of objects in suess langings. The candy store in suess landings also moved into the building next door to it, and there is now a meet and greet where it was.

Maybe they cleared out the boneyard to make room for the scorpion king coaster. That way the won't close up kong!!!
I haven't had a chance to check out to see if the boneyard being cleared out is a fact.

Attachments

• 0538.jpg
    0538.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 116

ghosthost13

I work at UO and the last thing that we were told regarding the Scorpion King ride is that it will be an indoor roller coaster(replacing King Kong). King Kong has become a maintenance nightmare so they are going to close it down. Of course, they wouldn't tell us when.

woofboy111

Anyone know where shrek will go? I remember reading somewhere that it'll replace hitchock (I guess in the birds 3d theatre section), but I don't think that's a good idea. Universal needs more "how to" shows like mgm has, and theyed be losing one if they replace hitchock. Why not put it in the old Xena/Hercules soundstage?

And, how long is Jimmy Neutron going to be around. I know they're trying to expand nickeolodion, but hanna barbera cartoons are classics. Maybe update it. That preshow that they have now has to go. It make you think that both of them are still alive.

woofboy111

Originally posted by MKCustodial

You have GOT to be kidding!!! Please say you are! :mad: :mad: :brick:

From what the rumors are, he's not kidding. Originally, I read that it was to be replaced with a rugrats movie, but now jimmy neutron seems to be the new thing. Personally, i think they should keep what they have, but if replacing this movie will save Kong, go right ahead.

Fossil

I don't understand how Universal can replace King Kong with an attraction connected with a movie that did poorly in theatre's and it just sucked (The Scorpion King)! I would understand The Mummy movies... great movies and big money makers. Universal is not thinking straight.

danesporty

Original Poster
Maybe these 2 additions will help save KONG at least for a little while. They wont do a 3 major things at least this year, so KONG may be saved for a little while.

WDWFREAK53

I agree...the Scorpion King was slated to make a TON of money...it didn't do BAD...but it was NO Spiderman by any means...I don't even think it pulled in over 90 million...and the funny thing is...IT WAS UP AGAINST NOTHING...Spiderman wasn't out yet, Star Wars wasn't out yet... C'mon...looks as if the Rock turned to Dust really quickly

vacation junkie

the scorpion king was made a on low budget at somwhere around 30 million. as of today the movie has grossed almost 86 million and has yet to go fully international. by all counts universal is sitting back and smiling at the success of scorpion king, not to mention the dvd/vhs sells that universal will also profit from. no, the scorpion king is not a block buster but its also nothing sneeze at either. also remember that april is one of the slowest grossing movie months and the scorpion king now reins as the all time most grossing movie for that month. good or bad the movie kicked some major moolah, keep your eyes out scorpion 2 in theaters in 2004.

i do agree that maybe the scorpion king coaster is not of the brightest ideas universal has come up with and maybe they realize that now. that could be the reason why those coaster rumors have died down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom