Paint the Night @ WDW?

thundermtnGOAT

Original Poster
What are the odds that Paint the Night will eventually be cloned for Florida, like MSEP was originally? I would give it a few years, just so it becomes established at Disneyland, but I don't think it is completely out of the realm of possibility. I am all for the nostalgia of MSEP, but after watching Paint the Night it's become even harder to tolerate MSEP in 2015. It's dated and you can tell.

What are your thoughts? Would you even want PTN?

WDWFantasmicFan

What are the odds that Paint the Night will eventually be cloned for Florida, like MSEP was originally? I would give it a few years, just so it becomes established at Disneyland, but I don't think it is completely out of the realm of possibility. I am all for the nostalgia of MSEP, but after watching Paint the Night it's become even harder to tolerate MSEP in 2015. It's dated and you can tell.

What are your thoughts? Would you even want PTN?
I wouldn't be surprised to see it come to WDW. It is an absolutely fantastic parade, a more 21st Century, and "plussed up" version of MSEP. I can see WDW getting this parade either for its 45th anniversary (2016) or 50th anniversary (2021).

mikenatcity1

I hope not. I would rather get something different for WDW. However, something of this magnitude would be amazing- seeing it last week in person (without any previous spoilers) I never picked up my jaw...I stared in wonder and amazement (and giggled at the occasional music track from MSEP). Let's hope for something 100% original for WDW :)

JasonDeyoung

Well, considering the exact same parade has been at Hong Kong DisneyLand for a few years. I would say if it were to come to WDW, it'd be at least around 5 ish before it came here to FL

** correction, has been at HKDL since late 2014

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Well, considering the exact same parade has been at Hong Kong DisneyLand for a few years. I would say if it were to come to WDW, it'd be at least around 5 ish before it came here to FL
Paint the Night premiered in Hong Kong on 9/11/14 and DL on 5/22/15 - less then a year apart. Also DL has additional floats and characters HK does not have.

JasonDeyoung

Paint the Night premiered in Hong Kong on 9/11/14 and DL on 5/22/15 - less then a year apart. Also DL has additional floats and characters HK does not have.
Thank you for correcting the dates for me, thought it was longer. As far as the parade goes. Looks exactly the same in my opinion. Just thought being such a huge anniversary they would have done something more original than copy an ongoing parade.
image.jpg

ToInfinityAndBeyond

I watched Paint the Night a couple of nights ago in person. It is an incredible parade. I really hope we get it or something similar, because it blows everything else out of the water.

On a completely random note, the parade had some issues on 6/8 evening and was stuck for about 20 extra minutes. I never did find out why, but those performers must have been exhausted by the time it was over.

JasonDeyoung

I watched Paint the Night a couple of nights ago in person. It is an incredible parade. I really hope we get it or something similar, because it blows everything else out of the water.

On a completely random note, the parade had some issues on 6/8 evening and was stuck for about 20 extra minutes. I never did find out why, but those performers must have been exhausted by the time it was over.
It is a good parade for sure. Def way better than MSEP

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Thank you for correcting the dates for me, thought it was longer. As far as the parade goes. Looks exactly the same in my opinion. Just thought being such a huge anniversary they would have done something more original than copy an ongoing parade. View attachment 96653

Blame MM+ they were planning a new unique parade until everything was put on hold do to issues with MM+. They had to pick and choose which things could get done.

CDavid

Gee, if only Walt Disney World had posessed a second nighttime parade, newer than MSEP, in storage somewhere which could have been rehabilitated (reportedly for just $1 million) to now take the place of an aging, tired Electrical Parade.

Oh, wait..... :banghead:

Sometimes Disney's business decisions boggle the mind. Then other times there are examples like this. :facepalm:

CP_alum08

I doubt it would come for the 45th as this is part of the promotion for DL's 60th celebration which is likely to run through 2016.
Agreed. I assume we will get something for the 50th. I think paint the night Is a great parade and don't see any reason it wouldn't work at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom