Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

HMF

It was about time for it to end... It had been running for 2 decades.
That is no excuse for intentionally leaving it out in the rain to rot while they assumed the even older parade which Disneyland owned and ended up taking back leaving them with nothing. That should have resulted in terminations in management and again just because something is old does not mean it is out-dated.

HMF

The fact of the matter is I don't believe entertainment in the park has an expiration date unless it's style is particularly dated or someone has a better idea. I don't know why so many of my fellow fanbois are so desperate for new entertainment when over the last decade Disney has made a habit of replacing quality entertainment with crap. Quite Frankly, the day they replace Reflections of Earth will be the day I finally lose what little faith in humanity I have left.

HMF

1lmxoz.jpg
I am not exaggerating. Reflections of Earth and the 1994 version of Spaceship Earth literally changed my life and have influenced my worldview profoundly since. I already saw SSE get it's heart ripped out. I do not wish to see Reflections of Earth replaced in my lifetime.

Last edited:

HMF

I got to agree with djbrian i had way more fun when i went to WDW this Feb then when i went to Dl last sept even though Disneyland has the cool tech it can't match WDW's better rides and friendly staff. (I joined just for this xD)
Better rides?
*Pirates of the Caribbean in Florida has always been inferior to the Disneyland Version and has been even more so since 2006.
*Big Thunder Mountain Railroad does not have the explosion effects in the third tunnel.
*WDW used to have the better Haunted Mansion until the ride's premise was all but destroyed with the god-awful interactive queue and DL got the Hatbox Ghost.
*WDW's Space Mountain is still using it's track from 1975, 70s era special effects and no onboard audio while DL got a completely re-built super smooth track, updated effects and synchronized Musical score.
*Disneyland still has all 4 of their original Fantasyland Dark Rides while WDW has one (Toad was replaced with Pooh, An inferior dark ride and Snow White became Meet & greet space.
*Disneyland also has several attractions Unique to the Park "Matterhorn" Storybook Land etc.
*Tomorrowland in both WDW and DL are both thematic messes though DL's actually looks a lot worse.
*The attractions shared between DHS and DCA are hit and miss (Although Florida still has the better Tower of Terror especially with the advent of "Mission Cashgrab" )
*WDW does have the corpse of a once great park called Epcot and the beautiful but underdeveloped and soon to have an non-fitting appendage (Avatar) Disney's Animal Kingdom. whereas DL does not
*Cast Members at both Resorts are very hit and miss and I really can't blame them because they are over-worked and make less than the average salary of a Wal-Mart employee.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Also HMF i think you deserve a spanky and everyone else who calls wdw cheap. How would you like it if someone called you cheap? A Billion dollor company can't be cheap DL And WDW are both owned by the same company and there are stuff in the works that i am not allowed to say, and now please stop complaining and get a life.

The comedy gets better!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And how long ago was that? 7 years ago...
Six.

The time is irrelevant. It was an operational c@ck up of monumental proportions.

It was about time for it to end... It had been running for 2 decades.
That's your opinion. As you're happy to tell others. Many disagree. Many say it had plenty of life left in it - Including TDO who had a large refurb scheduled for it before it returned. And before they allowed it to fall apart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom