Override/Bypass AC motion control at Pop Century

Philsphan25

Original Poster
My wife and I are heading down in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any information on bypassing the motion senors for the Air Conditioning. We would love to come back to a cool hotel room and not wake up in a sweat in the middle of the night before the AC turned off. I have looked up bypassing instructions for the units but it seems that different resorts have different thermostats and different instructions

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for the instructions for Pop Century? I am also thinking with the renovations, they have have also updated the room systems.

We just stayed there a few weeks ago and had no issues with the AC turning off. If anything, they worked a little too well at times. The room appeared to have a motion sensor, but I don't ever recall coming back to a hot room or getting hot during the night. So maybe they have disabled that function?

LeighM

I had that issue at both Riverside and Coronado. There are at least two different types of thermostat used in the rooms and each are a little different. I can't remember which site I used, but I was able to find what I needed doing a Google search. Getting the room colder than 68 at night really improved my sleep!!

BoarderPhreak

1*undvjb0lTD-URXkiwURkWA.gif

WDWJeffC37

Last year at the Coronado Springs Resort we did not have the problem of our A/C shutting off either while we were out or while we slept. We always came back to a cool room and sometimes at night we had to raise the thermostat because my family was freezing. We didn't do anything special. We were not in a refurbished room (Ranchos 7A). Cheers!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom