Overhead tracks in Seuss Landing

kammybug

Original Poster
Was there originally supposed to be some kind of attraction on the overhead tracks above Seuss Landing or is it just for looks? If there was supposed to be something there, do you think it will ever get completed or do you think they'll leave it like it is?

rainfully

I don't know why... but it kinda creeps me out that they just built a ride and never opened it... and the ride itself looks creepy!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
shopgirl146 said:
Why didn't they ever open the ride?

Safety reasons....it would be hard to evacuate the ride if needed.

I don't understand why though....Legoland California has a similar attraction (can't remember the name, it's been a while since I was last there) that looked exactly the same as SMMBVUDM with no easy way to evacuate.

WDWFREAK53

NemoRocks78 said:
Safety reasons....it would be hard to evacuate the ride if needed.

I don't understand why though....Legoland California has a similar attraction (can't remember the name, it's been a while since I was last there) that looked exactly the same as SMMBVUDM with no easy way to evacuate.

I really think there was more to it than that. (Although, I do feel that was a reason also)

From what I've pieced together of what the attraction was supposed to be...it was almost a "bumper car" style monorail. Where the cars would speed up and slow down and "bump" into each other.

I think this caused a safety issue with the restraint system they had. (Little kids alone in a car that "bumps" high up...not a good combo.)

Legacy

hawkkid011790 said:
i take it this ride will always be just a decoration for SL
There is no way to tell. At one time they had the cars running with various Suess characters aboard. Seeing that was aggrevating though, almost like Creative was mocking us.

I still dream that the greatest ride that never was will be.

Legacy

Coasterbp said:
Are you referring to The Driving Machines there?

Wow...greatest ride? Really?
Sorry, it's a monicker that I have jokingly given the attraction. To build an attraction and have it visible to the guests, and not have it open puts it in a class by itself.

aimster

It's kinda like a Dr Seuss version of PeopleMover, huh? I remember staring at those tracks last time I was at IOA and wondering what the heck it was for.

Figment1986

5the station and ride was built and never completed.... They have a few ride vehicles built with mock-up characters rising in them every so often...... The queue is masive, infact the Grinch's Cave is the lower section.....

Indy95

AndyP said:
I alwaythought it never opened because of the safety issues of people throwing things from the tracks.

Ah yes, every park in the world with a SkyRide would know what you're getting at here. :lol:

DarkMeasures

I say since Disney had built similar attractions, (peoplemovers and EMVs) Universal Creative should go begging to Disney asking them to fix the problem. IoA needs a new ride. This one would be the cheapest to open.

wishiwere@wdw

I tend to believe that the walkways are too soft to support a cherry picker to evacuate the ride. That is the reason most employees and those "in-the-know" have been given. The ride vechicles were built (51 of them) and the station was completed but there is no way to get people off in the case of an emergency.

Also, unlike a skyride, this would have electric power being delivered to the car which could result in fire. Without emergency access below, the ride could never open.

Ever notice how some of the walkways in IOA have a spongy soft feel to them? This is why they would get destroyed by a cherry picker driving on them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom