Pre-Trip Our very much overdue honeymoon in October!

With our 60 days passed and only 52 more to go I think it's time to get a little report going. Hopefully I can get around to finishing this one.

This will be my 10th visit and my wife's second. And our first without kids or anyone else so it will be quite a change for us.
I'm Branson, 24 and been visiting disney since I was 8. Have finally managed to get my wife into disney ALMOST as much as me but I'm getting there. My beautiful wife Samantha, 20 whom I tied the knot with back in December 2013, but our official wedding ceremony was on June 21st. And now our honeymoon in October. So yes VERY overdue.
Here we are on our wedding day.
image.jpg

And our engagement pictures.
image.jpg

We ultimately decided on disney since we just got back from our trip in July and Samantha loved how everything is right there all together, no taxis, rental cars, etc. plus we knew this would be our last chance to visit the world alone with the freedom of no one else but us. So after a brief discussion that was that and the planning began.

We have already booked our fast passes and our dinner reservations, still checking time to time to see if anything else is available. We are staying at the wilderness lodge October 22-28. We were originally at the swan for the price and location for Epcot since we will be attending the food and wine festival many times but switched to WL after the fall 30% discounts came out and basically paid the same price. Still decided to opt out of the dining plan since we never get any worth from it. So here's our current itenerey.

Wednesday 22
Coral reef 8:00

Thursday 23
san angel inn 11:40am (lunch)
Il mulino 6:45

Friday 24
Wild Africa trek at 8:00am
Artist point 5:30
MNSSHP at 7

Saturday 25
Narcoossee's 5:45

Sunday 26
Yachtsman 5:00

Monday 27
Whispering canyon 9:05am (breakfast)
California grill 5:00

We plan to spend one morning at the typhoon lagoon, one evening at Hollywood studios (our least favorite park)
Majority of a day at animal kingdom, and the rest at Magic kingdom and Epcot. Since it's just the two of us we will have the freedom to roam where we want, when we want, at the drop of a hat. This will also be our first time visiting outside of June or july so we are looking forward to the lower crowds, cooler weather, and halloween decorations. 52 days seems like a ways but it had already flown by since we began planning 200 days out. Can't wait.

mrdrift

Congratulations to the two of you on the wedding. The plans are great and I will be looking forward to read about the Disney trip in October.

BransonJ

Original Poster
image.jpg
image.jpg
Well it's getting closer!

We also received our email for the Be Our Guests fastpass and decided to give it a go for 11:40am Sunday. That was our free morning until we head over to Hollywood Studios and being right next door at the lodge works out. We almost have our costumes for MNSSHP completed. We are going as Mary Poppins and a chimney sweeper. just need a few more details.

We are 22 days out and man has it flown by. Seems like we have so much to accomplish these next three weeks. May even begin packing soon. With each day closer we get more excited however we also dread having to leave our munchkins behind for 6 days. Thankfully there's FaceTime! Plus it gives us a reason to come home and begin planning another trip WITH the kids this time. Thinking october again maybe november for Christmas? Ah plenty of time for that.

mrdrift

It's always very exciting to get the band in the mail meaning the trip is just a short time away. Have fun.

BransonJ

Original Poster
Well we are off! Just love our custom bag tags I made with our vinyl machine.
image.jpg

Can you tell we have been up since 3:15am? Our airport is much busier than we anticipated due to the oil show in our area but we definitely prepared. Next stop Dallas then on to Orlando!
image.jpg

BransonJ

Original Poster
Well have been back a few days and finally got a chance to upload our photos.

Overall I think I will only visit Disney in the fall because it was some of the most beautiful weather. Not one day of rain, not even a shower. It got a little warm in the sun but great in the shade and at night.

Lodge.jpg

We arrived at the WL around 3:00pm and had a brisk check in and after a quick drop of our carry ons we were off. That is until the wife wanted to check out the store and we ended up buying a few essentials etc.
Then we were off to Epcot for the food and wine festival. We had no idea how much fun the festival would be and boy did we get our moneys worth throughout our trip.

Since we only had time for a quick breakfast we decided to get a couple things before dinner to hold us over. We first tried the garlic shrimp from Australia and the shrimp taco from Mexico along with a Dos Equis. Both were amazing.
Shrimp Taco.jpg

IMG_7234.jpg

We still had a couple hours until dinner so we walked world showcase getting an idea of what booths we wanted to try and checking out the stores. It was nice being able to stroll at our own pace for a change.
When we remembered we stopped for a selfie in front of each country. Missed some a few days but tried to get one the next time we passed through.
IMG_7237.jpg

IMG_7241.jpg

We had another great dinner at the Coral Reef. Being just the two of us we got a little closer to the tank than we normally do, not quite up against it but elevated enough to see. I had the lobster pasta along with a rum runner and Sam had the mahi mahi with shrimp. Turns out she only saw the shrimp on the menu and didn't realize she was ordering fish (She hates fish, only likes shrimp and lobster) So we ended up sharing most of our plates.
We only found a couple photo pass photographers on the first day. We took nearly 200 by the end of the trip.
EPCOT_WRLDSHW4_7077147502.jpeg
EPCOT_WRLDSHW2_7082700431.jpeg

After dinner we had a late fast pass for Soarin. Then headed to the room to get a good nights rest for our first FULL day.

Last edited:

BransonJ

Original Poster
Day 2

Another day in Epcot. Although we enjoyed WL we really missed the Boardwalk due to the walkway to Epcot.
Today we focussed mostly on future world with a fast pass at Test Track. This was also our first photo mishap. We ended up getting someone else's photo on our memory maker. Might try to call and get it corrected but the ride photos were no biggie for us. In fact throughout our entire trip we only got ONE of our photos from the rides as each time they would tell us its automatically linked and no other action needed. So there is a BIG issue with this that hopefully gets corrected soon.

We had a lunch at San Angel Inn. Samantha really wanted to give this place a try after we rode through it on our last trip and I talked her down to a lunch instead of a dinner. It was actually quite good. (We are from west Texas so we have great mexican food in our area) But it was mainly the atmosphere that we wanted. I had the enchiladas and I for some reason forget what Sam had. But heres a photo! And of course I had myself a margarita.
IMG_7247.jpg
IMG_7246.jpg

We then spent the majority of the afternoon in world showcase sampling a few more booths. We tried the Curry from Singapore which I was alright with but Sam LOVED it. She says she can't find good curry back home like she gets in England when she visits her family. I ended up wandering across the path to the beer flights for my first one of the trip.
IMG_7298.jpg
IMG_7238.jpg

And then Sam found her first hidden mickey in Morocco.
IMG_7243.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom