Trip Report Our (mostly) Dream-y June 2014 Vacation

Hi all! We returned from our trip 5 days ago, and I'm ready to relive it through this report!

First, let me introduce myself and my family in case you aren't familiar (here is my PTR if you are interested: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/my-dream-vacation-a-june-2014-ptr.865397/)
Here we are on the last day of this trip:

Me (Amy), my 6 year old, Owen, my 11 year old, Logan, and my 9 year old, Lily. Also on this trip were my parents (Nanny and Papaw to the kids), my brother, Scott, my SIL, Beth, and my twin 4 year old nieces, Macy and Allison.

Unfortunately, my husband wasn't able to take this trip with us. I am greatly disappointed by this, as he ended up not starting the fire academy like he was supposed to! Long story short, the city of Columbus sucks! They told him that one of the 40 spots was being held for him as long as he passed all of the testing. Well, he did pass all the tests, but they said his labwork took too long getting back and they already gave all the spots to other guys. They guaranteed him a spot in the December class, but he also had to be available the first three weeks of the June academy, "just in case" someone didn't show up or dropped out. Of course, that didn't happen, so he missed the whole vacation and still won't start until December!:( The only good thing to come of this, is that my mom had me schedule a cruise in October for just me and Brian!

Ok, back to the actual trip! Let me just say that I will not be going on any more family vacations with my SIL and nieces. I will say that their time management (or lack thereof) is much different than mine, and not say anything else about it! We had a great time despite our differences!

We had a 6am flight on Wed. morning, so we drove from Dayton to Columbus Tues. night and stayed in a hotel. Here are the kids getting ready to leave our house:

We made sure to leave early enough so we could visit a few stores for the kids once we got to Columbus.

We grabbed dinner at Max and Erma's. It was about this time that my stomach started bothering me. I just assumed it was nerves (I was really nervous about making sure 9 other people had a good time on this vacation!) and being upset that Brian wasn't going with us. Well, it was more than that, and I was up sick all night!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We only had to wait a few moments in the hallway until they let us into our rooms. Some of our luggage was even there waiting for us! The rest arrived shortly after!

I loved having the split bathroom!

The kids couldn't even wait until after I'd taken a picture to mess the bed up!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We then headed down to dinner.

We originally got in line to meet Captain Mickey, then decided to come back after dinner.

I love that they personalized the cups for the kids!

Our assistant server was Nuno from Portugal and our server was Amania from Jamaica. They both were fantastic!
Now for some food pictures!
This is whatever appetizer my mom ordered.

This is whatever my SIL ordered.

I ordered the North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli. It was delicious!

Then I had the Heirloom Tomato Soup. It was okay. Not fantastic, but good.

My mom ordered the roasted chicken for her entree. She enjoyed it.

I ordered the Slow Roasted Prime Rib. It was wonderful! Unfortunately, I couldn't finish it all, but it was good!

Then I ordered the Apple Cinnamon Crunch Sundae for dessert. It was okay as well, but nothing else on the menu sounded better to me!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster

Then we got in line again for Captain Mickey. There was some dancing while we were waiting!

Then we headed down to check out the shops. We, of course, had to stop for some pics on the way!

Then we hit the shops and found.....the elusive Elsa doll!
IMG_0093.JPG

Then it was time for The Golden Mickeys.

The kids really enjoyed this show!
Then it was back to the room for bed!

PartOfYourWorld

Tuning in here! Glad you got your report started right away! I haven't even posted any of mine yet from May!!! Maybe I should be doing that instead of reading everyone else's haha.

Bummer that you weren't feeling too well but glad you were making the most of it!!!

How awesome you got an upgrade to a Cars suite!!!! I love the Mater bathroom sink...Just can't get over the "Spiffy in a Jiffy!" LOL You had an awesome view out your window as well!

Seems like you all are having a great time so far!!!!! Really really making me want to book a cruise on the Dream RIGHT NOW! I miss it!

I'm bummed you didn't like the tomato soup!!! That was one of my favorite things on the Dream!!!! So much so I ordered it twice when we went in September!!!!!!

Can't wait for you to post more!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Tuning in here! Glad you got your report started right away! I haven't even posted any of mine yet from May!!! Maybe I should be doing that instead of reading everyone else's haha.

Bummer that you weren't feeling too well but glad you were making the most of it!!!

How awesome you got an upgrade to a Cars suite!!!! I love the Mater bathroom sink...Just can't get over the "Spiffy in a Jiffy!" LOL You had an awesome view out your window as well!

Seems like you all are having a great time so far!!!!! Really really making me want to book a cruise on the Dream RIGHT NOW! I miss it!

I'm bummed you didn't like the tomato soup!!! That was one of my favorite things on the Dream!!!! So much so I ordered it twice when we went in September!!!!!!

Can't wait for you to post more!
Thanks for reading! I've been watching and waiting for your May report!:D

I'm just glad I didn't feel bad any longer than I did! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the cruise since it was a short 3 night one!

I absolutely loved the Cars suite. In fact, next time we go back with the 5 of us, I think we will definitely have to get one of the suites! We may have to try a Lion King one next time though.

The soup was good, there were just other things I had that I liked more!

Just think about all the fun you are going to have on your Norway cruise though!! That should help with the lack of a Dream cruise in the immediate future!:D

cfry06

Loving the report! So fun. We were on the Dream in November and we had a wonderful time. Can't wait to cruise again. Can't wait to read more about your trip:)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Loving the report! So fun. We were on the Dream in November and we had a wonderful time. Can't wait to cruise again. Can't wait to read more about your trip:)
Thanks! Do you have any plans yet for a future cruise? I agree and can't wait to try the Wonder in October!

rkelly42

Great trip report. Sorry to hear your husband could not join you, I too had to miss a trip with the wife and kids because of the fire academy few years ago. I am lucky to have a very understanding family, as it sounds like he is too. It is ver difficult when as a firefighter you sometimes have to miss the holidays and other special occasions. Best of luck to him and glad to see your trip is going well.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Great trip report. Sorry to hear your husband could not join you, I too had to miss a trip with the wife and kids because of the fire academy few years ago. I am lucky to have a very understanding family, as it sounds like he is too. It is ver difficult when as a firefighter you sometimes have to miss the holidays and other special occasions. Best of luck to him and glad to see your trip is going well.
Thanks so much for reading! It's nice to hear from someone who truly understands how hard it was to not have him there! (For him and for us!)

PolynesianPrincess

Great report so far! Super excited to see this when I logged in this morning! :)

Awesome upgrade at AOA. I LOVE Cars and the whole Cars area reminds me of Carsland at Disneyland. Absolutely the best themed land I've seen at any Disney parks and it's so cool AOA looks just like it!

Love the pics on the ship. Makes me anxious for our cruise in November! Can't wait to read more! At this rate you will finish yours before I finish mine..... :(

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Great report so far! Super excited to see this when I logged in this morning! :)

Awesome upgrade at AOA. I LOVE Cars and the whole Cars area reminds me of Carsland at Disneyland. Absolutely the best themed land I've seen at any Disney parks and it's so cool AOA looks just like it!

Love the pics on the ship. Makes me anxious for our cruise in November! Can't wait to read more! At this rate you will finish yours before I finish mine..... :(
Thanks! There are lots of cruise reports out there right now, and I keep seeing things in other people's pics (including yours) that I didn't see while on the ship! It definitely makes me want to get back on the Dream as soon as possible! I'm super excited to see the Wonder in October though!

Allym146

Love your trip reports! I'm with you on vacationing with people who seem to be in different time zones:).

Also, I need to get myself on that ship!!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Love your trip reports! I'm with you on vacationing with people who seem to be in different time zones:).

Also, I need to get myself on that ship!!!
Thanks! Yes, you do need to try a cruise! We absolutely loved it! The kids are already begging to go on another one!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Friday was our Nassau day. We had previously decided that we were going to stay on the ship and swim and explore that day. We slept in a little. I spent some time on the verandah waiting for the kids to wake up.

First sighting of Nassau:

Once everyone was up and moving, we headed to Cabanas for breakfast. I seem to have no pictures for some reason!:(
Then my parents took the boys back to the room while Lily and I went to the atrium to meet the princesses.

Belle signed Lily's autograph book while she was waiting for the first person in line to get to her.

We waited for quite some time, so I had to take some pics of our surroundings!

Princess Minnie was upstairs, but Lily didn't want to wait to see her after we waited for the rest of the princesses.:( I would rather have seen Minnie, but whatever!

Tiana was first.

Then Snow White.

Ariel was up next.

Then Rapunzel.

Then Cinderella.

And last, but not least was Belle.

I was very impressed with the interaction. They all spent a good amount of time talking to Lily!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We then headed back to the room to get everyone ready to go swimming. We hit the Aquaduck first. The kids loved it! Owen didn't want to ride at first, so I rode with Lily for the first round and Logan rode with my brother. Then, Lily and Owen talked my mom and Owen into riding. That time, I rode with Owen, Lily rode with my mom, and Logan rode by himself. Unfortunately, we are missing 4 of the 5 pictures. I put in a request and they are looking for them for me, but we'll see if I ever get them! Here is the one we did get:

The kids then wanted to try the small waterslide.

Then the kids wanted to get into the pool.

We let them swim for awhile before getting out for a rest and some lunch. A quick pic before grabbing lunch from Flo's.

I got the grilled chicken and fries. I was quite surprised by how tasty it was! The seasoning on the chicken was really good.

The boys got hotdogs and Lily got cheese pizza. I got a few pics of them relaxing after eating lunch.

At this point, my brother and SIL went into Nassau for a little while. My parents and I took the kids back to the rooms to relax/nap for a little while. My kids hopped in the shower, and then they wanted to hit the kids clubs.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I dropped all three of them at the Oceaneer Club, then Logan left and went to Edge after he got Lily and Owen settled in. I went up top to get some pics after dropping them off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom