Pre-Trip Our Happily Ever After

Welcome to my very first pre trip report!! I was hesitant to make one, but my trip is getting close and I have nothing left to plan, so I figured I would distract myself by doing this!

Here are some of the details:

Who: Myself (Nicole) and my soon to be husband (Ryan). A little bit about us, we have been together for about 6 ½ years. Ryan is in the United States Air Force and I am a Registered Nurse at Duke University Hospital. We are both originally from PA and have recently started our lives in sunny North Carolina.
andreas wedding.jpg

When: August 7 – August 15

Why: We will be celebrating …… drum roll please …… our HONEYMOON! Our wedding is set for August 5 in Pennsylvania with 215 of our closest friends and family and we couldn’t be more excited!

Where: We will be staying at the Polynesian, club level. I have never stayed at a deluxe resort before and Ryan has never stayed on Disney property before, so we have a lot to look forward to!

We decided to make our Disney fairytale complete by celebrating our honeymoon at the same place we got engaged. Ryan proposed to me on a horse and carriage ride around the Port Orleans resort. It was everything I ever could have wished for!
engagement ring.jpg

amjt660

Premium Member
Congratulations on the upcoming wedding and Disneymoon
Club level at Poly will be awesome.
I hope you have a great time
Looking forward to hearing more details and of course for the TR when you get back

Max

nbreier0805

Original Poster
Our plans!

I know while reading this people are going to say, “You’re on your honeymoon, don’t you want to slow down and relax a little?” The answer is no. We are not the lay around and relax type of people. We love to be on the go, which is why we are going to Disney for our honeymoon and not the beach. Another reason we aren’t going to the beach is that Ryan hates everything about the beach. He needs to be busy constantly. So, here we go, our day-to-day plans!!

Monday August 7 – Arrival Day!
We are planning on arriving at the Polynesian around 2pm. We have done the online check in and are hoping that our room will be ready when we get there. We also have military ticket vouchers so we will walk to the TTC to trade in our vouchers to get our park hopper tickets! Then we have a reservation at Ohana! It’s our first time eating here and we have heard great things!! After dinner we will probably just hang out around the resort and get some drinks before heading to bed.

Tuesday August 8 – Magic Kingdom
It’s a tradition of ours to go to Magic Kingdom on our first full day at Disney. We have fast passes for Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. For Dinner we will be eating at the Liberty Tree Tavern, another first for us! We are also very excited to see Happily Ever After for the first time!!

Wednesday August 9 – Hollywood Studios
I know that this park has been getting a lot of hate lately, but it’s one of our favorites! We have fast passes for Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, and Star Tours! Some of our favorite rides. The shows are another one of our favorite things to watch. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite (our wedding will have some subtle Beauty and the Beast touches). We then have reservations at Mama Melrose’s with the Fantasmic! dining package. The dining package for Fantasmic is new for us, we usually fast pass this show so we don’t have to line up super early.

Thursday August 10 – Animal Kingdom
We will be starting our day at Animal Kingdome with breakfast at Tusker House! One of my first Disney memories is meeting Donald for the first time at this restaurant when I was about 5 years old. We then have reservations for Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest, and of course, Flight of Passage! I can honestly say that I am not a fan of the Avatar movie, mostly because I have a very short attention span and that movie is way too long, however, I am looking forward to seeing the new land! Later on that night we are going to the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, something I’ve wanted to do for a long time now! We will probably go to another park after dinner, but we haven’t decided yet.

Friday August 11 – Epcot
Epcot is not one of my favorite parks, but I do look forward to having a few drinks around the world. We always struggle to pick fast passes for this park, and since Mission Space most likely won’t be open our options are even more limited. We decided to fastpass Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, and Soarin! I have not been on the new Soarin and I’m looking forward to seeing it! We also have a lunch reservation at San Angel Inn and a late dinner at Spice Road Table (in the hopes of getting to see Illuminations from our table).

Saturday August 12 – MK again
This morning we are doing something very exciting! We are going on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour!!! After that we don’t have many other plans, besides eating at Be Our Guest for dinner. With my Beauty and the Beast obsession we always have to eat there!

Sunday August 13 – Hollywood Studios/ Animal Kingdom
We plan on splitting our day at both parks. Since Animal Kingdom is open until midnight while we are there we may sneak a little pool time into our afternoon. This evening is also when we have our Rivers of Light dinner package at Tiffins. I’m so excited to try this restaurant!!

Monday August 14 – Park Hopping Day

Tuesday August 15 – Breakfast at Kona Café and then back to NC

Sorry for the wordy post... so here is a picture of my kitty, Tesla, to break it up!

image1.JPG

becca_

Your ring is absolutely beautiful! Congrats to you both!! I'm in nursing school so it's awesome to see another person on the boards who is doing what I plan to do. Can't wait to read more :D

blreinsel

A fellow Pennsylvanian turned southerner! My fiancé and I just moved to FL from PA about 2 weeks ago. :) Beauty and the Beast is also my absolute favorite and our wedding is themed after it. We might be the same person. :p

Your plans look great! There's no time for sleep in Disney! ;)

nbreier0805

Original Poster
A fellow Pennsylvanian turned southerner! My fiancé and I just moved to FL from PA about 2 weeks ago. :) Beauty and the Beast is also my absolute favorite and our wedding is themed after it. We might be the same person. :p

Your plans look great! There's no time for sleep in Disney! ;)

I saw that you guys just became annual passholders! So jealous!! I'll post a picture of our sweetheart table centerpiece after the wedding ;)

nbreier0805

Original Poster
What are the B&B things you have planned for your wedding?

Our centerpieces are the rose in the glass dome. Our music for dinner will be some instrumentals from the movie (and other disney movies) We have a few different signs with some quotes from the movie such as "Tale as Old as Time". Then we have some other little disney things. Our cake will have a hidden mickey on it. Just subtle stuff. I LOVE Disney but I didn't want to go overboard.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Our centerpieces are the rose in the glass dome. Our music for dinner will be some instrumentals from the movie (and other disney movies) We have a few different signs with some quotes from the movie such as "Tale as Old as Time". Then we have some other little disney things. Our cake will have a hidden mickey on it. Just subtle stuff. I LOVE Disney but I didn't want to go overboard.

Sounds lovely! I hope you'll share some pictures of your big day! Congrats on the wedding! And just remember, something will almost always go wrong, but as long as you're married to your love at the end of the day, and you had a slice of cake, everything went perfectly right!

12in12

I am sure you will have a magical wedding day, I love the little B&B touches. I agree with @DisneyBound2017 that just as with a WDW vacation things don't always go to plan so focus on the important stuff and enjoy your once in a lifetime day. When you have time I would love to see some pictures of your wedding and a TR of your honeymoon.

nbreier0805

Original Poster
I am sure you will have a magical wedding day, I love the little B&B touches. I agree with @DisneyBound2017 that just as with a WDW vacation things don't always go to plan so focus on the important stuff and enjoy your once in a lifetime day. When you have time I would love to see some pictures of your wedding and a TR of your honeymoon.

I will make sure to post a few wedding pictures!!

amjt660

Premium Member
The plans look great
Well planned out
You might want to have more than one pool day
August can be hot and humid
Best of luck with the wedding and the honeymoon
My wife and I celebrated 26 years this year
I hope you meet and then exceed that number

Max

nbreier0805

Original Poster
Anyone that is planning a Disney Honeymoon, I would recommend using the Disney Honeymoon registry!! That's how we were able to afford to do a lot of the stuff we are doing. You're able to register for so many different things, including, money for your hotel stay, money for tickets, certain dining locations, in room celebrations, tours, there are so many different things to register for! It was so helpful!

blreinsel

Anyone that is planning a Disney Honeymoon, I would recommend using the Disney Honeymoon registry!! That's how we were able to afford to do a lot of the stuff we are doing. You're able to register for so many different things, including, money for your hotel stay, money for tickets, certain dining locations, in room celebrations, tours, there are so many different things to register for! It was so helpful!

Good to know, thanks!

kaitertot5249

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Your honeymoon sounds incredible! Although there aren't as many similarities between you and I as there are between you and @blgauger I couldn't help but think that we're almost the same person while reading through your plans.

My boyfriend Cody and I have been together for 6 1/2 years. He is in the USAF like your fiance. We are from the northeast (Boston) and are hoping to move to NC someday in the future. I have a CRAZY Beauty and the Beast obsession that can't be tamed. Hollywood Studios is one of our favorite parks despite it's current state. And I couldn't finish watching Avatar because my attention span is seriously lacking.

I can't wait to hear about your wedding and the Beauty and the Beast/Disney touches that you add and to hear about your honeymoon once you return. I hope that your next few weeks are AMAZING and filled with magic and pixie dust :inlove:

nbreier0805

Original Poster
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Your honeymoon sounds incredible! Although there aren't as many similarities between you and I as there are between you and @blgauger I couldn't help but think that we're almost the same person while reading through your plans.

My boyfriend Cody and I have been together for 6 1/2 years. He is in the USAF like your fiance. We are from the northeast (Boston) and are hoping to move to NC someday in the future. I have a CRAZY Beauty and the Beast obsession that can't be tamed. Hollywood Studios is one of our favorite parks despite it's current state. And I couldn't finish watching Avatar because my attention span is seriously lacking.

I can't wait to hear about your wedding and the Beauty and the Beast/Disney touches that you add and to hear about your honeymoon once you return. I hope that your next few weeks are AMAZING and filled with magic and pixie dust :inlove:

Thank you so much!!!! We are so excited for everything!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom