Trip Report Our Fall 2014 Visit to WDW 9/26-10/4

Hello, everyone. I've been a member for a couple of years, but didn't start posting until a few months ago; I was anticipating our trip to WDW, and really enjoyed reading your Trip Reports and viewing all the photos. Thanks! I'll share some of the photos from our recent trip, in the hopes they might help rekindle memories, or build anticipation.

Brief Intro: My DH and I are retired and are DVC members. We live in South Florida, but spend summers in Maine. This trip took place from 9/26 to 10/4, and was our first visit to the Food & Wine Festival. We stayed at Bay Lake Tower for the first two nights, then moved to The Boardwalk Villas for the last five nights. I completed chemo treatments for breast cancer at the end of June, so my stamina was about 70-80% of normal (note- everything is going great, prognosis is good. I only mention it because you might wonder why we seemed to tour at such a relaxed pace).

Arrival Day - we arrived late Friday afternoon at BLT. After getting settled, we explored the resort and visited the Top of the World Lounge. This was a first for us. We enjoyed a glass of wine and a snack - house made chips with gorgonzola.

WDWDAY11-7-L.jpg

WDWDAY11-6-L.jpg

Later than planned, I took the monorail to the MK for MNSSHP, and took some photos of the Castle Projection Show and Hallowishes. I had a ticket to the Villain's Soirée, but chose not to go to the dessert party. I was disappointed to miss both Boo to You Parades, but there is always next time. The reserved area for the Parade and Fireworks was more crowded at the 9/26 Party than previous ones because it was sold out. I found a good spot to set up my tripod, and even had a seat on a bench.

WDWDAY11-12-L.jpg

WDWDAY11-13-L.jpg

WDWDAY11-14-L.jpg

WDWDAY11-15-L.jpg

WDWDAY11-17-L.jpg

WDWDAY11-18-L.jpg

WDWDAY11-19-L.jpg

The spot was great for the Projection Show, but really too close for Hallowishes photos. It was very immersive, even if the bursts show behind the castle. I'll continue with fireworks photos in the next post.

Last edited:

SharonD

Original Poster
I am jealous of your photos in the GMR. Try as much as I did, I couldn't get a clear one at all. I gave up in the end and just enjoyed the ride.
Brilliant report though!
Thanks - this was the first time I tried to shoot GMR. Next time I will use the DSLR.

Still enjoying your beautiful photos!
Thank You for following and commenting :)

This is such a great report! If I ever go to F & W, I am getting the premium package. Seems so worth it!
We would have eaten more at the F&W Festival had the weather been better. No regrets on the Package, although more seating and shade would have been better.

I have not abandoned this report. Just waiting for real life to settle a bit. Our dog stuck her nose in a porcupine (she's fine now), and then we were hit with the freak early snowstorm in Maine. No power for 3 days so far, but the generator is working, so all is good. Just got internet back tonight. I should finish up this report in the next day or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom