Osbourne Lights

noname70

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me what time the Osbourne Lights start at MGM (please don't say "when it's dark"). I'm trying to chart out a daily schedule.
Also, how long would yousay it generally takes to see the attraction?

wannab@dis

Unfortunately, I can't help with specifics. It is around dark and that time depends on when you go. We went the third week of Dec a couple of years ago and walked through starting about 7:00pm if I remember right. We spent about 30 to 45 minutes. It really depends on how fast you walk and if you stop and look at any of the displays. Another factor to think about is this year we don't know how they will be set up. It could increase or decrease the amount of walking time.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

BenS

They start it at sundown as far as I know. The only way I can think of to get specifics would be to look at historical sundown times on weather.com.

bugsbunny

Back when the Back Lot tour took the original route, you could see them all during the day. Of course, it is nowhere near as pretty. :)

I've been planning my trips for the 1st or 2nd week of Dec. for the last few years. It starts getting dark around 6:30-7PM or so.

Good thing to do is schedule dinner for around 5 or 5:30 at one of MGM's restaurants. Once you are done, you can get a quick tour of the lights.

One other thing I've managed to do is go see Fantasmic and then as it empties out, go down to the lights. The only problem with this is that if you sit close to the Fantasmis show, you end up with about 5000 people in front of you on your way to the lights!

Believe me when I say it looks like that picture of the last chopper leaving Saigon. You would think that the lights will be on for 200 seconds and that's it. It is a mad rush to get down there and you can expect at least 4 stroller enemas by the time you get there. :lol:

Other than that, that is about the only 2 plans that work out other than just plain old waiting for dark. :xmas:

Pioneer Hall

The lights are usually started around sundown and they can last as long as you want them to. You walk through them at your own pace and can make them as long or as short as you want them to be. I would say an average time would be about an hour or so (maybe a little less).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom