Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights Introduction Script

Miketic

Original Poster
Random right? The reason I attempted to transcribed this is because I need it for my gaming community within Minecraft (long story). So since no one has ever done it before, here is my transcription of the entire introduction.

*Note: This may not be 100% correct as I am missing a few words and misheard some as well. Segments in quotation marks are the ones I know I could not figure out. If you are certain with what is the correct word(s), feel free to comment below and I will change them as soon as possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arnie: Good evening everyone! You are listening to Arnie and Annie on WJBO Radio broadcasting tonight throughout the Streets of America. We’ll be bringing you all of your favorite holiday tunes-

Annie: That’s right Arnie the holiday season is upon us once again and that could only mean one thing.

Arnie: Presents?

Annie: No! Lights. Lots and lots of lights. The biggest private Christmas display ever in the Osborne Family of Little Rock, Arkansas.

Arnie: And get ready because the lights are going to amaze you as periodically throughout the evening they will dance to some great holiday music. The lights will be coming on in just a few short minutes but first, here’s a quick weather update… woah, woah wait a minute I think you handed me the wrong forecast Annie-

Annie: No that straight from "Schmitty(?)", our never been wrong weather man. Hey Arnie, look out the window!

Arnie: I can’t believe it! It’s snowing outside! "Schmitty’s" forecast is calling for snow all night long on the Streets of America and me "without lights and (something)"

Annie: -Small laughter-

Arnie: But you know, there is something beautiful about gently falling snow.

Annie: There is nothing like snow, the lights, and music to warm up your night at this time of year. The story of the Osborne Family of Little Rock, Arkansas and their Christmas lights display is a holiday tale that do just that, warm your heart.

Arnie: Jennings Osborne loved Christmas and there’s one thing he loved even more and that was his daughter. One Christmas she had a special wish, she wanted her house to be covered with Christmas lights-

Annie: And it was a pretty big house in Little Rock. Luckily Jennings Osborne had a even bigger heart and imagination. He put up one million lights. Mister Osborne loved the way the lights made people feel like children opening their Christmas presents, so he bought the houses on either side of him and put lights on them too.

Arnie: The display grew to over thirty million lights. As you can imagine the display has gotten a little too big for some of his neighbors but it turned out to be the perfect holiday experience for the studios in the Streets of America. And tonight, our good friend Santa Goofy is here to help us light up the season.

Annie: Just about everything you will see tonight was part of the original display in Arkansas- the globe, the angels, the carousels, the trees, so get ready to see the world in a new light as Sylvania presents the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights!

Last edited:

wdwstateofmind

The intro is spoken BEFORE the lights are turned on.
You are correct...but how much anticipation is for the spoken intro and how much is for the thousands of lights about to go off in a show in front of you? I mean, I know they are off for the intro, but that's about the only time they are off once the sun goes down. It's a constant enamoration with so many shiny things that makes me feel like 12 when they go off. We watched them twice one night and I still couldn't tell you one word uttered during that intro, but I sure as heck could tell you about those twinklies...

His name was Jennings Osborn, not James.
The lights were fantastic when they were at his house. I saw them the last few years he had them up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom